What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
Author: Message:
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McCoy

Have you seen that it leaked?

Yes we have. In fact we put it on download.microsoft.com. We did this because we realized after the 7.5 beta that even if we restrict the download, people still host the bits on their own download sites and it leaks anyway. Instead, we are attempting to control leaks through sign-in authorization. We also saw that the sign-in restriction has been hacked. However, the result is a version that is not fully functional. Plus, if you install and run these hacks you are exposing yourself to spyware and viruses for a version of Messenger 8 that is not even fully functional. My advice is to be patient and wait for your beta invite.
[Image: Zahid.png]
11-24-2005 08:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
chatty

i did sign up to the windows live messenger and i didnt receive an invite are they still giving them out?
11-24-2005 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I was a tester on 7.5, but with an emailaccount i don't have access to anyomre now :(. Changed ISP.

Sign-in to Microsoft Connect, and click on Manage Your Connect Profile at the bottom of the screen, and update your e-mail address there. I suggest you update it ASAP

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also, everybody who is using and/or linking to these private beta's and illegal patches: thank you for ruining the proper beta testing, prosponing the release of a public beta, and holding back the proper development of a final release.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
What i dont get is why people need to use leaked beta's If you can wait for a month or two you will get the public beta / actual release :-/

Agreed with you 100%.

If you so much want to Beta test, apply to be a tester, and wait and see if you get in. Also, even if you don't get in, WLM testers will be given invites to give to friends, so you could still get into the beta that way.

quote:
Originally posted by chatty
i did sign up to the windows live messenger and i didnt receive an invite are they still giving them out?

They are still sending them out. No one has received the "welcome" email welcoming them to the Windows Live Messenger Beta yet. So you might still get in.

This post was edited on 11-24-2005 at 08:56 PM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
11-24-2005 08:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Very cool!  I just been accepted onto the Beta program so I'm very interested in whats going to be available :)

me too. i'll add the live news now :)

did you get the welcome letter?
11-24-2005 09:02 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
quote:
Originally posted by joelm

I did

This post was edited on 11-24-2005 at 09:18 PM by Salem.
Was i Helpful?[/url]
11-24-2005 09:18 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:

I did

i did to but all mine said is welcome to the beta testing we know your excited we will contact you when some beta come up. Was that the same as urs?
11-24-2005 09:22 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0363
quote:
i did to but all mine said is welcome to the beta testing we know your excited we will contact you when some beta come up. Was that the same as urs?

Yes. Everyone who got an email got the same thing. No one actually got an e-mail saying "you hav been accepted/invited to test Windows Live Messenger" (or something similar). So therefore no one (except the Beta Manager at Microsoft) knows if that e-mail refered (spelling???) to WLM or another Windows Live Beta. We'll just have to wait and see.
Was i Helpful?[/url]
11-24-2005 09:33 PM
BeerBro

– / Male / –
do you know if Microsoft actually contact you for info during the beta test?.. like through phone or mail?...
11-25-2005 02:12 AM
vincerooney

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also, everybody who is using and/or linking to these private beta's and illegal patches: thank you for ruining the proper beta testing, prosponing the release of a public beta, and holding back the proper development of a final release.

Whilst I feel your anger cookie i don't think illegal downloads of betas really push back testing. I don't believe in it either but its a way of life. It doesn't slow down development whatsoever though. Microsoft now knows this happens, some people cannot wait and betas do leak. It's a way of life.

Yes its annoying but no it doesn't hold back the real release date. the development of the program i feel has no bearing on some people getting hold of the beta early.

-----------------

What i'm interested in though is the  development of the program. I have no interest in having a buggy WLM, it has no interest for me.

1) i use msgplus so wouldn't work on WLM
2) as i said it'd be buggy
3) i hate the orange color...

But anyway what im asking is then the actual release date of the proper beta comes about. as in the one published to the testers. once that happens i know it'll be about 2 months or so until the official release date.
11-25-2005 04:07 AM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
did anyone register to be a tester for  Live Connect?
Im wondering if thats why we all got the email
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-25-2005 04:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: