What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Broadcasting music to your contacts through MSN, would it be possible?

Broadcasting music to your contacts through MSN, would it be possible?
Author: Message:
frankiedaman

35 / – / –
O.P. Broadcasting music to your contacts through MSN, would it be possible?
I don't really know whether it would be better if you guys knew about this or whether it could be a suggestion for Microsoft....but,

I was on MSN and I briefly wondered..."People can see what your listening to, so why can't they hear it?"

So my little idea would be if you could broadcast what your currently listening to to your contacts easily through MSN. It could operate similar to shoutcast, all server settings could be easily configurated through the MSN options window, or even through an easy to install setup wizard for novice users of MSN messenger.

Those who are currently broadcasting could have a little transmitter icon alongside the little headphone icon where it says what they are playing. You can connect to them and not just see, but hear what they are playing by opening their contact card and clicking a "listen" button or clicking the little transmitter icon. Apparently, the upcoming MSN has a built in media player - the stream could open in that, or any other media player if preferred.

It could be based on the Shoutcast technology or probably for Microsoft they could use their ASX/WMA audio streaming technology.

I'm assuming it probably would be very hard to create and code this option in MSN, but it would be an interesting idea wouldn't it? :)

Discuss your thoughts.....

11-25-2005 05:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Broadcasting music to your contacts through MSN, would it be possible?
You can set it up so the Audio Conversation feature will play high quality music to them, I will find the thread for you.
11-25-2005 05:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Broadcasting music to your contacts through MSN, would it be possible?
well at one point there was something called 3 degrees that let people share playlits. Perhaps you can look into that.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
11-25-2005 08:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: