What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » quick question

quick question
Author: Message:
onetouchspark

Molkoholic

– / Female / –
O.P. quick question
I know that my friend deleted me from her MSn contact list,but haven't blocked me.
I deleted and blocked her,so I cant unblock bcos in 'privacy' i don't see her name in block list.
If I will try to add her will she see the 'invitation'?
Or if I don't unblock her and don't add her but she adds me will I see her invitation?
Thats really important!
Thanks in advance:)
[Image: sob.gif]
11-26-2005 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
RE: quick question
Hey there!!

No invitation will appear so far,

you have to add her, so she will appear in ur list! if u can't find her because the nickname, click in contact > manage contact > view contact by email address, then u will be able to find her easily.

Now u will have to unblock her, she wont see u on her list because she has deleted u, but u can and u can talk to her.

so she will have to add u again.

and eveything will be ok

Regards
11-26-2005 03:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
onetouchspark

Molkoholic

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: quick question
Thank you!
But the thing is,I know her email address,and I don't want her to know that I added her.
Will she still see my invitation if I add her?
11-26-2005 04:29 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Ok so at the moment lets say your  Name is:Friend X

Her list (person who deleted you but didnt block)
Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3

Your list
Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3

if you blocked her and deleted her and re add she will NOT get an invite instead your list will look like

Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3
Friend 4 (Blocked)

if she adds you back you will not get an invite.

Her list will be

Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3
Friend X(Offline)(because U blocked her)

So in the end either way you or her will not get an invite.
11-26-2005 05:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
First of all, some replies to the others:

I'm not going deeper into both replies other then saying they are wrong. It already takes much time to explain, in the correct way, the whole sequence of events and what can happen or what not, without the need to also correct wrong support-posts.

It is great that people want to help, but try to do it in a proper way without giving people the wrong information. The time (and posts!) it takes to correct that and to clear up confussion could well have been used to help other people. :(

--

zaher1988, please, if you wanna help, post correct and complete information!!! This is the 654651645th time I ask/say this and I'm not the only one who has said this before. If you wanna help, do it properly, otherwise don't. Please take a note/hint from your reputation comments.   

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
Now u will have to unblock her, she wont see u on her list because she has deleted u, but u can and u can talk to her.
Even if she deleted him, it does not mean he can talk to her at all! That not only depends on what lists he is on, it also depends on the setting of her private option "only people on my allow list can see/talk to me".

--

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
(...)
It isn't that simply at all. And although your conclussion is the same, your reasoning and given examples and information is not correct.

onetouchspark, it all depends on what you mean by "deleting".

First of all, you need to know that there are several lists maintained in MSN Messenger.
- The Contact list
- The Allow list (Tools > Options > Privacy)
- The Black list (Tools > Options > Privacy)
- The Reverse list (Tools > Options > Privacy > View)

Also see "CookieRevised's reply to Contacts who have deleted you".

--

Now, in a normal situation, you are on your contact's contact list and on her allow list. And vice versa: she is on your contact list and allow list. Thus nobody is blocked, and you both can see eachothers status and talk to eachother...
  • Rule 1: If you delete a person from your contact list without also choosing the option to block the contact, he/she will still be in your allow list.

• Rule 2: If you delete a person from your contact list and also choose the option to block the contact, he/she will still be in your block list.
This goes also vice versa. Thus: you can't delete a contact also from the allow list or block list because the contact has still you on one of his/her lists!
  • Rule 3: It is only when both parties have deleted eachother from the contact list and from the allow list or block list, that there will be no trace left of the contact in the list from the person who has performed the deletion as last one.

• Rule 4: Invitations are only send to the contact when that contact hasn't you in his/hers lists. This means if you still appear in his/her allow list, block list and/or contact list, he/she will not get the "contact has added you" popup.
In other words: the order in who deletes who first is also important regarding your question:
  • If somebody deletes you from his/her contact list before you have deleted them from your lists, you will remain in his/her allow list or block list (depending on if he/she also selected "block the contact also" when deleting) because you would still have him/her on your lists (see rule 3). Re-adding that contact will not give an invitation popup (see rule 4).

If you do want the contact to get a invitation popup again, you first need to delete the contact from your allow list or block list by going to Tools > Options > Privacy > Allow List/Block List > Right click on the contact > Delete. Thus note that this "delete" is not the same as the "delete" option when you right click the contact in the contact list.

• If somebody deletes you from his/her contact list after you have deleted them from your list, you will not be in his/her lists anymore (see rule 3). Re-adding that contact will give the contact the "contact has added you" popup (see rule 4).

--

To recap (and this is only true when she has deleted you before you deleted her!):
  1. You are both on eachothers contact list, allow list and reverse list.

2. She deletes you from her contact list without blocking you (<= you can not know for sure if she has blocked you!)
    - You still have her on your contact list and allow list, but not in the reverse list anymore.
    - She still has you in her allow list (see rule 3) and reverse list, but not in her contact list anymore.

3. You delete her and also choose the option to block her.
    - You have her in your block list, but also not in the contact list anymore.
    - She still has you in her allow list (see rule 3), but not in her reverse list anymore.

Thus she still can't completely delete you because you still have her in your block list (or allow list if you didn't blocked her). This also means that she will not get an invitation popup if you would re-add her to your contact list. But again, this is only true if she has deleted you before you deleted her!

This post was edited on 11-26-2005 at 06:29 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2005 06:11 PM
onetouchspark

Molkoholic

– / Female / –
quote:

Her list (person who deleted you but didnt block)
Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3

Your list
Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3

if you blocked her and deleted her and re add she will NOT get an invite instead your list will look like

Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3
Friend 4 (Blocked)

if she adds you back you will not get an invite.

Her list will be

Friend 1
Friend 2
Friend 3
Friend X(Offline)(because U blocked her)

So in the end either way you or her will not get an invite.
Thank you!!!That helped :)
11-26-2005 06:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by onetouchspark
quote:
(...)
Thank you!!!That helped :)
I'm sorry but that doesn't help you at all and teaches you completely wrong info... :(

This post was edited on 11-26-2005 at 06:23 PM by CookieRevised.
11-26-2005 06:22 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That doesn't help you at all and teaches you completely wrong info...

:(

Read cookies reply :P
11-26-2005 06:23 PM
onetouchspark

Molkoholic

– / Female / –
quote:

[*]Rule 2: If you delete a person from your contact list and also choose the option to block the contact, he/she will still be in your block list.[/list]This goes also vice versa. Thus: you can't delete a contact also from the allow list or block list because the contact has still you on one of his/her lists!

She has me on her allow list,but when I deleted and blocked her she dissapeared from all my lists!Strange...

quote:
  • Rule 4: Invitations are only send to the contact when that contact hasn't you in his/hers lists. This means if you still appear in his/her allow list, block list and/or contact list, he/she will not get the "contact has added you" popup.

• Thank you! :D
    11-26-2005 06:24 PM
    CookieRevised
    Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
    RE: RE: quick question
    quote:
    Originally posted by onetouchspark
    quote:

[*]Rule 2: If you delete a person from your contact list and also choose the option to block the contact, he/she will still be in your block list.
    She has me on her allow list, but when I deleted and blocked her she dissapeared from all my lists!Strange...
    That can't happen.

If she has you only in her allow list (and reverse list) and you delete her together with blocking her, she will be in your block list.

If she has you only in her allow list (and reverse list) and you delete her without blocking her, only then will she be gone in all your lists.
    11-26-2005 06:38 PM
    « Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
    View a Printable Version
    Send this Thread to a Friend
    Subscribe | Add to Favorites
    Rate This Thread: