What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin

MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin
Author: Message:
RooJ

O.P. MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin
Hey all,

I recently created an encryption plugin that encrypts text before its sent over msn and decrypts it at the other side. Thankfully it all works now, but i want to build on it. Im posting on here in a request for information from all you plugin geniuses.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Is there anyway (maybe using messenger api) to retrieve an email addy on ReceiveNotify? That being the email address belonging to the person who just sent you the text with the notifycode in.

2.) As you can see from the pic below, my decrypted text is currently shown in a seperate window. This is fine for now but what i really want is to dump it on the main chat window. This doesnt have to be in place of the encrypted text already recieved, id be happy if it was simply displaying at the bottom underneath the recieved text, maybe in a red font etc.

[Image: msncrypt.jpg]

I hope someone can help on this or at least point me in the right direction :D.

Thanks

>RooJ
11-27-2005 02:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
eSouL

RE: MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin
Hi,

You might be interested to know that I've made an encryption plugin already. It will be released some time later. :) Some major features:
  • Supports 13 types of block cipher
  • Cipher and key management
  • Emoticons support
  • Font support
  • Encrypted file transfer support
[Image: attachment.php?pid=570134]

As for your first question, just use oConversationWnd.Contacts(0).SigninName.

.png File Attachment: SIM.png (66.61 KB)
This file has been downloaded 860 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 06:51 PM by eSouL.
11-27-2005 06:42 AM
STA1661

– / Male / –
eSouL,

In regards to your plugin, will the contact(s) in the conversation need this plugin as well?
If only people could respect someone who once had respect for them up until recently when all trust and respect was lost.

Depression. A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. One in six men will experience depression at some time.
11-27-2005 07:09 AM
eSouL

Inevitably yes.
11-27-2005 08:21 AM
RooJ

O.P. RE: MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin
Looks good eSouL,
I didnt put alot of effort into the decrypt client as i really dont want to have to run a seperate exe, although i can see from yours alot can be done with that.

I also have the opportunity for many ciphers but chose to stick to 3des. I was wondering, as many users in your list might be using different ciphers have users got a way of knowing which cipher someone else is using?

Do your ciphers support salt's? At the moment mine randomly generates a salt so no matter how many times you encrypt the same text with the same key you always get a different looking output. Id definitely suggest it if its not implemented already.

Encrypted file transfer support.. never even crossed my mind, very good idea though. Probebly something ill look into in the near future. (i may pester you for information when i get to adding it :P).

Ill also add that this plugin probably wont be released although if it is it will likely come with the sourcecode. Ive never been one to make pretty programs with lots of features etc, i simply think of something that would be useful for me and create it with minimal focus on GUI (im a commandline/shell type of guy). It seems like your encryption plugin will fill the msn encryption void perfectly for the average user. Ill still continue with mine however since once i get started on something i have to see it through, its only the challenge that keeps me programming heh.

Id still be interested to hear from anyone who could educate me on the ways of dumping text to the conversation window :D.

Thanks

>RooJ

Edit - didnt see the tip on retrieving emails the first time i looked eSouL, Thanks for that :D...

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 02:55 PM by RooJ.
11-27-2005 02:47 PM
eSouL

Hi RooJ,

There is no separate exe running. Yes it does support salt. I have a protocol for session establishment, therefore two parties communicate with the cipher associated with the session. I guess with VB, its quite hard to write text directly into the conversation window. I'm not even sure if Active Accessibility can do this. Nevertheless, good luck for your project!
11-27-2005 07:01 PM
RooJ

O.P. RE: MSNCrypt Encryption Plugin
It appears AA can, I just dont have enough knowledge on the subject to implement it at the moment :(. One of matty's projects read from the conversation window and in turn could also be changed to write to it. The only problem is it works on a point and click basis, im not sure how to locate the childwindow through code as the api ive tried came up empty.
11-27-2005 08:02 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by RooJ
ne of matty's projects read from the conversation window and in turn could also be changed to write to it. The only problem is it works on a point and click basis, im not sure how to locate the childwindow through code as the api ive tried came up empty.

Declarations:
code:
Public Declare Function FindWindowExA Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hWnd1 As Long, _
                                                        ByVal hwnd2 As Long, _
                                                        ByVal lpsz1 As String, _
                                                        ByVal lpsz2 As String) _
                                                        As Long
Public Declare Sub
AccessibleObjectFromWindow Lib "OLEACC.dll" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
                                                                ByVal dwId As Long, _
                                                                ByRef riid As Guid, _
                                                                ByRef ppvObject As Object)
Public Declare Function AccessibleChildren Lib "oleacc" (ByVal paccContainer As IAccessible, _
                                                         ByVal iChildStart As Long, _
                                                         ByVal cChildren As Long, _
                                                         rgvarChildren As Variant, _
                                                         pcObtained As Long) _
                                                         As Long

Public Const
CHILDID_SELF As Long = 0
Public Const CHILDID_1 As Long = 1
Public Const OBJID_CLIENT As Long = &HFFFFFFFC
Public IID_IAccessible As Guid
Public Type Guid
    Data1 As Long
    Data2 As Integer
    Data3 As Integer
    Data4(0 To 7) As Byte
End Type

Public Const
NAVDIR_NEXT As Long = 5
Public Const NAVDIR_FIRSTCHILD As Long = 7

ParseCommand Function:
code:
Public Function ParseCommand(ByVal sCommand As String, _
                             ByVal sCommandArg As String, _
                             ByVal oConversationWnd As Object, _
                             ByRef sResult As String) _
                             As Boolean

Dim
ConversationWnd_Obj As Object
Dim
lngTMP As IAccessible
Dim
iTMP As IAccessible
Dim
lngTMP2 As Long
Dim
lngCount As Long
Dim
accChildren() As Variant

Set
ConversationWnd_Obj = oConversationWnd
     Select Case LCase(sCommand)
     Case Is = "/xtest" '//Change to whatever you want your command to be

Call AccessibleObjectFromWindow(FindWindowExA(ConversationWnd_Obj.hwnd, _
                                                      0, _
                                                      "DirectUIHWND", _
                                                      vbNullString), _
                                        OBJID_CLIENT, _
                                        IID_IAccessible, _
                                        lngTMP)
        If Not lngTMP Is Nothing Then
            Set
iTMP = lngTMP.accParent
            ReDim accChildren(lngCount - 1)
            Call AccessibleChildren(iTMP, 0, iTMP.accChildCount - 1, accChildren(0), lngTMP2)
            For lngCount = 0 To iTMP.accChildCount - 1
                DoEvents
                If accChildren(lngCount).accName(CHILDID_SELF) = "Input" Then
                    accChildren(lngCount).accValue(CHILDID_SELF) = "You see this so you know it's working!"
                    Exit For
                End If
            Next
        End If

Set
ConversationWnd_Obj = Nothing
        sResult = ""
        ParseCommand = True
        Exit Function
    End Select

ParseCommand = False
End Function

This post was edited on 11-28-2005 at 05:37 AM by matty.
11-28-2005 05:24 AM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
But that code sets the text of the input box matty, not the char box.  And if you set the text of te char box, you remove all RTF formating, colours and images.

The only propr way to add text to the chat box is to hook the creation of ITextServices and get a hadnle to the Windowless richedit control afaik.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
11-28-2005 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: