What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request - Auto Hide User Picture

Feature Request - Auto Hide User Picture
Author: Message:
jj420

O.P. Feature Request - Auto Hide User Picture
hey

i think it would be nice to have a feature that would automatically hide the msn user picture in the chat window after "x" number of seconds.

i like having a user picture and being able to see what the other person has, but it's a pain in the ass to close it every time and there's no keyboard shortcut to do it.  otherwise 2 tiny pictures take up half the window rather uselessly.

sorry if this has been suggested before or if this is in the wrong forum.  i didnt see one for feature requests.

jj
11-26-2005 11:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request - Auto Hide User Picture
Nope, the suggestion has not been done before...

And it is in the correct forum if you want to suggest this as a Messenger Plus! feature (which might be possible).

But this can also be made as a plugin I think. The plugin would react on each conversation window when it is created (it's one of the API events if I'm not mistaken) and according to the settings of the user (he already may have disabled the showing of the user's DP) invoke the "hide DP" command for that specific window.

The best thing would be if it was added in MSN Messenger itself, I think. So you might wanna suggest it to Microsoft themselfs: http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx

I like this suggestion, no matter how it would be implemented. It's original, small , usefull, and doable without changing stuff too much, so (y)...

This post was edited on 11-26-2005 at 11:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2005 11:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
A-Patch can hide the DP by default and when you want to see it you can still click on the little arrow thing to make it show and hide again. I know it's not really what you want, but it may be something you want to try out until somebody comes up with something better.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-26-2005 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jj420

O.P. RE: Feature Request - Auto Hide User Picture
i'll look into the a-patch.  might not be exactly what im looking for but it sounds like its got some interesting features and may be close enough.

although it seems to do a bunch of stuff that i just figured out how to do with resource hacker, pretty neat program.

thanks for the heads up menthix and cookierevised.
11-28-2005 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Nope, the suggestion has not been done before...
I'll add a time delay to Phoenix's feature then :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-28-2005 11:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: