What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » VOICE CLIPS...

VOICE CLIPS...
Author: Message:
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. VOICE CLIPS...
hi, i have sent a few voice clips in the past from MSN 7.5 but they were recordings of music, as i didnt have a mic. pluged in.
i was just wondering how/what voice clips are and if it possable to record from a mic instead of music. and how/why do they record music when i dont specify what sounds i want to send?
thanks
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
12-05-2005 08:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
RE: VOICE CLIPS...
Voice clips enable users to record short messages that can last up to 15 seconds and are then played on a contact's computer. Clips do not playback automatically; a user must select the Play button to listen. Both users must be running MSN Messenger 7.5 for the feature to work.

So its simply like recording your voice on a tapedeck..except your using a microphone...( cept mine is built into my comp)
.::::::::::::::::::::maybe your mic is actually inbuilt in your computer too t'is why you could send music over your voice clip feature:::::::::::::::
..try again with just using your voice ...when you press the voice button down on MSN Messenger..and see what happens...If it does record, you have your microphone built into your comp..if not Ill walk you through how to enable yer microphone on Messenger .:)
go to start-accesories-entertainment-volume control
                                                          speakers etc..to see exactly what is there and whats enabled

Voice Clips
Its easy to send a voice clip that your contacts can listen to right away:
     From an MSN Messenger window, click and hold Voice Clip (or press and hold F2 on the keyboard), speak your message of 15 seconds or less, then release the button. your clip will instantly be sent to your contact.     

Notes:
To use Voice Clips both you and your recipient must have:
MSN Messenger 7.5 or later To download the latest version of MSN Messenger, go to the MSN Messenger website.
Speakers and a microphone (or a headset).
A half-duplex or full-duplex sound card. (Half-duplex audio allows only one person to speak at a time. Full-duplex audio allows two people to speak simultaneously.)
Your voice clip can be no more than 15 seconds. If you exceed this limit, only the first 15 seconds will be sent. To cancel a voice clip during recording, press ESC on the keyboard while holding down the voice clip button. If no sound is detected, or if you press the voice clip button accidentally, no voice clip will be sent.
If you hear an echo, move your speakers farther apart and away from your microphone. You are less likely to hear echoes if you use a headset:)

I hope that helps a little bit:)

This post was edited on 12-11-2005 at 03:32 AM by kittymew.
12-11-2005 02:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: