What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » What question would you like to ask to the MSN Team concearning Messenger?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
What question would you like to ask to the MSN Team concearning Messenger?
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: What question would like to ask to the MSN Team concearning Messenger?
:p I noticed that you guys will get to invite 5-10 others ;).... *cough cough*.... :refuck:.... please.... haha.... okay... well... If none of you want to when you guys get to invite people that's okay... cause i'm fine waiting too... But that's some pretty cool stuff with the meeting and all! Can't wait for more info.
12-08-2005 12:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: What question would like to ask to the MSN Team concearning Messenger?
As you can read on Juzzi's report of meeting, we met a couple of important people in the Messenger community.

The meeting was fantastique and also very unique (one of a kind meeting) as Joost told us later. (sic: though let's hope more will follow :p). It was held in the "In De Wildeman" in Amsterdam. A nice causey little pub specialized in hundreds of different beers from all over the world. (sic: They couldn't have found a better place IMO!! I'll sure return to that pub when I'm in A'dam again)

The MSN people came a little later as intended. Nevertheless, the meeting went on well after what was announced in the invitation we got. (y)

After half an hour Joost got a phone call (or something, or he SMS'd, dunno anymore) from another dude and he would come over also. In short, and after a while there were 6 MSN people instead of the announced 3 :D:D

Because it was in a pub and because we were with many people we all chatted away (what else do you do in a pub, except drinking :P). Unfortunatly, because of this it was very hard to follow every (very interesting!) conversation. Nevertheless, I bet many people would give their right hand for knowing some stuff (just teasing ;)).

Before I went to the meeting I had put all the questions (well almost) asked here in this thread and in the thread on mess.be on paper.

Joost seemed to be very anxious to start answering them. He actually asked a pen and started to write down the answers (to the questions he could answer that is). It almost seemed like an examination, lol. Most questions were discussed, etc...

Anyways, unfortunatly I had to leave at 21u10 because the last train to Belgium departed at 21u23. I sure wanted to stay though. So, the group photo was taken (best one will be the one taken by Inky, so stay tuned), shaked hands and said goodbye (until online).

Juzzi also left at that point to catch his train. We had to run to the station because we were really short in time. And damn, my condition is worse then I thought :p Arrived at the station (and more dead than alive, at least I was, Juzzi had no trouble at all :p), we looked at the departure monitor. His train arrived at platform 1 or something, just only 10m away. Of course, mine... platform 14... DOH! So there I found myself running again (I better stayed at the pub :p)

Anyways, that was my short, but extremely interesting meeting with the MSN people...

PS: Joost loves to annoy his contacts with the nudge feature :p (shhhht.... I didn't say this ;))

EDIT: oh, one last thing which was very clear: They are always seeking new, fresh ideas and programmers/developpers. So if you're up to it, get in contact!

------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
I noticed that you guys will get to invite 5-10 others
or maybe 10-20 as I already am on the closed beta tester team (and haven't used my invites yet) :p

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 01:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2005 12:45 AM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So, the group photo was taken (best one will be the one taken by Inky, so stay tuned), shaked hands and said goodbye (until online), and that was my short, but extremely interesting meeting with the MSN people...

This is the one from Inky, judge for yourselves ;)
[Image: msgramsterdam.jpg]
[Image: theblasp.png]
12-08-2005 01:08 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:
So, the group photo was taken (best one will be the one taken by Inky, so stay tuned), shaked hands and said goodbye (until online), and that was my short, but extremely interesting meeting with the MSN people...

This is the one from Inky, judge for yourselves ;)
http://files.stuffplug.com/msgramsterdam.jpg
can you please put arrows and show who is who?:)

quote:
PS: Joost loves to annoy his contacts with the nudge feature (shhhht.... I didn't say this
must be why it exists:P
quote:
or maybe 10-20 as I already am on the closed beta tester team (and haven't used my invites yet)
be sure to think of me:P lol dont worry Im already gonna get my invite..lol dont waste it on me:P

I hope you all had a great time:) if only I where old enough and in the same country*-)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-08-2005 01:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs

can you please put arrows and show who is who?

Second on the far left is TheBlasphemer, and on the far right standing up, I do beleive that is CookieRevised. (Hat or something on head)

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 01:48 AM by dotNorma.
12-08-2005 01:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: What question would like to ask to the MSN Team concearning Messenger?
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
can you please put arrows and show who is who?:)
I hope I've got every name right, except for the three guys which I didn't remember the name from :$ (someone fill me in, I'll update the picture)

final update: all names are present now ;)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=575027]

.jpg File Attachment: msgramsterdam_names.jpg (89.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 2283 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-09-2005 at 05:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2005 02:46 AM
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
Sounds like things are going really well with the Beta and WLM. I'm glad they are open to new ideas and all from people not on the development team. It would definitely be fun to try out the Beta, and those who get invites better give plenty of details as to what's going on. :D

And, yes, I hope this isn't the only meeting of its kind. We (the general user population) could definitely use this sort of thing to get our ideas and questions to the Messenger team more effectively. (y)
12-08-2005 04:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Aww Juzzi's cut out :p haha... Kinda.... well, there's a tiny part of him in it.
12-08-2005 04:06 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Sounds good guys, thanks for the information!
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
12-08-2005 04:50 AM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Aww Juzzi's cut out haha... Kinda.... well, there's a tiny part of him in it.
Cookie and I were in an extreme rush, we had to be @ the station in like 7 minutes, I suppose I should've paid more attention to the camera :p. I might be on another picture though.

Until what time did everyone else stay actually?

I'm off to school now..

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 06:19 AM by Yousef.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
12-08-2005 06:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: