What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Question about sounds

Question about sounds
Author: Message:
cathya

O.P. Dodgy  Question about sounds
When I try to add a sound to the sound library, it doesn't work. The sound does not appear on the panel.... what am i doing wrong???
12-07-2005 10:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Question about sounds
Plus > Prefernces > Instant Messages > tick 'enhance the toolbar with Messenger Plus! features'

Does that solve it?
12-08-2005 01:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Question about sounds
quote:
Originally posted by cathya
When I try to add a sound to the sound library, it doesn't work. The sound does not appear on the panel.... what am i doing wrong???
I suppose you also don't get any error? Otherwise please state the error and ignore the rest of this reply ;)

------------------------------------------------

The sound library and the sound panel in a conversation window are two different things.

In the sound library itself you can enable or disable to showing of the sound in the sound panel. So make sure the sound is enabled for viewing.

The sound library can be accessed by clicking the menu in the main contactlist window: Plus! > Sound Library

[Image: attachment.php?pid=575018]

For sounds which are added thru a conversation, you can change the default setting for this. To do this, you need to go to your sound preferences. Either by clicking on the "Sound Preferences" button in the sound library window, or by going to the menu: Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Sounds

There you'll see an option "Show newly recieved sounds in the sound panel by default". If this is enabled, sounds added thru a conversation will be shown in the sound panel by default. If the option is disabled, they will be hidden.

----

Another reason can be that you actually can't find the sound in the sound panel because you're looking in the wrong category. Thus it will be there, you only looked over it (this happens when you have a lot of sounds for example).

So make sure this isn't the case...

.gif File Attachment: plus3_sound_showhide.gif (29.8 KB)
This file has been downloaded 192 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 02:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-08-2005 02:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: