What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!

Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!
Author: Message:
Alex[RM-UK]

O.P. Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!
Hey,

Pretty much all of my mates talk "leet" like

"hy hw ru 2dy *INSERT BIG FLASHING QUESTION MARK HERE*"

It's amazling annoying, so I want them to pay for it :D - I came up with an idea. If I was to set a load of message rules, so that when I type 'u' it will turn out as 'You' etc, and then save my preferences. It would then require a plugin that on everytime MSN is loaded up, it will replace their preferences with my 'Anti Leet' ones. So when ever they type it will appear normaly!

Could it also be done by with a little plugin that parses the text, even if NO / is in front of the text? it then loads the string into a varible, and replaces each section acordingly?

you could also have a backup plugin that will detect if the real plugin is deleted, and if it is it will then re-create the plugin. :D

Please, someone makes this - i'm going mad with all these images and hours of decyphering text just to be asked 'How are you?'
12-08-2005 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!
You can use the wordfilter in Plus! to replace their words with yours (plus > preferences > instant messages > word filter). Add the leet word and set it to be replaced with what you like, set it to "messages you receive" (only you will see the replaced words, they won't).

You can never ever change their preferences (breach of privacy).

If it pisses you off that much why don't you ask them to type in proper english?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-08-2005 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Alex[RM-UK]

O.P. RE: Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!
You can't do that though. It will only replace it if it's the same length. Which 'u' and 'you' are not. So that would not work. I've asked them loads and they just say some random letters put together and stop talking.

I don't think we are ever going to get rid of crappy leet AOL kid talk.
12-08-2005 02:34 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Plugin Request - ANTI Leet talk!
quote:
Originally posted by Alex[RM-UK
]I don't think we are ever going to get rid of crappy leet AOL kid talk.
developing a plugin that will keep the good spelled words and replace the "leet-spelled" words will require a very good engine, which is very annoying to code in such a small plug-in. in short, if you want more than world filters, it's going to be hard :-/

i did laugh at the suggestion though... :lol:
12-08-2005 05:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: