What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Really annoying problem..

Really annoying problem..
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. Really annoying problem..
When using my laptop, every 30 seconds or so (sometimes more frequent, sometimes never) the right-click context menu pops up completely randomly. I could just be typing (like now) and it would just pop up. It even happens when I'm not at the laptop. It gets extremely annoying when trying to write an essay or whatever, and it's just a pain generally.

Anyone know what's going on?
It's an HP if that means anything, and XP Pro sp2.
Thanks for any help.
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
12-15-2005 03:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
RE: Really annoying problem..
I think was has happened is the button might have moved out of place bieng squashed so when the fan's are driving the button detects the vibration as a push.
The best theing you could do is to take it to the nearest pc store.
I think all of this because it happened to my teacher.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

12-15-2005 03:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Really annoying problem..
Thanks for the reply. Well I hope that's not the problem (don't want to have to go and get it repaired :P) but I suppose it's a plausible explanation. I don't actually use the built in mouse though - I have a USB mouse - and all of the buttons work as expected. They are all raised somewhat and so I don't see how something could have been misplaced. Something weird though, if say I bang my desk quite hard it  brings up the menu...so this would suggest something is misplaced like you say. :S computers tut.
12-15-2005 03:48 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Dismantle the USB mouse and fully clean it out. If it still happens, it's the on-board mouse (which often works even with a USB mouse plugged in). You can DIY-clean it, but it will void the warranty. Better to get a PC shop to do it.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-15-2005 03:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kierant

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Really annoying problem..
Yeah it's definately not the USB as that is relitavely new and the problem occurred beforehand. The laptop itslef is only 3 months old so it's a bit annoying really. It also only tends to happen after the it has been switched on for a long time, although even then it is temperemental (as in one minute it keeps happening and later it doesn't happen for hours [like it's completely stopped now]).
12-15-2005 03:55 AM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
Well you may have an external USB mouse but that doesnt mean that the built in mouse tracking system has been automatically disabled so make sure that you have disabled the built-in feature (if it is a mulfunction of the suggested key due to vibrations as sugested above)
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
12-15-2005 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: