What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Nero conflict with other software

Nero conflict with other software
Author: Message:
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. Nero conflict with other software
Hey all

Wondering if you can provide a little help. I currently have Nero on the family computer, but due to me and it falling out because it won't send a 3.x GB file to disk, I want to install Roxio (my first and last love) as it will let me copy whatever I like (Windows won't even let me send it to the D drive (which is the recorder)). I need the file off one computer so I can edit it on my laptop

What I want to know is, by installing Roxio and leaving Nero, is there a chance of conflict between both programs?

I'm don't really have a version number for Nero (although Nero Express is version 6 and NeroVision Express is 3 if that helps)

Thanks in adavnce for the help :)
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7273 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, 41 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
12-15-2005 02:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Nero conflict with other software
There shouldn't be any conflict between the programs, as I doubt nero is not constantly running, if they were both running at the same time, then maybe, I severely doubt it though.
12-15-2005 02:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
You could also have conflict if they're set to open when you insert a blank disc....my nero does this and its annoying, dont know if roxio does this though.

Edit: Actually it might not make a difference, just slow things down a bit if they both try to read the disc.

This post was edited on 12-15-2005 at 04:51 PM by t1a0s.

Member since 7126 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes, 41 seconds ago.
12-15-2005 04:49 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Nero conflict with other software
Well, I tried installing the most up to date version of Roxio I had but it keeps telling me that I need too install it on the admin account which we don't have  (there's four accounts on the computer but none are admin ones) so had to settle with Nero.

Thanks anyways for you thoughts
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7273 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, 41 seconds ago
12-15-2005 08:57 PM
Snake

34 / Male / Flag
One of the accounts has to be an administrator, unless it's professional and on a network.
[Image: sig.png]
12-15-2005 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Nero conflict with other software
Sorry, we are all admins on the computer but it tells me that I still don't have rights on it.....Damn windows xp media centre.....
12-15-2005 09:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: