What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!

Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!
Author: Message:
ero_sennin

www.battleboards.org

O.P. Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!
Hello all, my animated and non-animated custom emoticons have ALL DISAPPEARED...this never happend before I installed MSN PLUS and Stuffplug...what the deuce!? Does anyone know what has happend!? My friends on my list have experienced this problem as well, but they dont have MSN PLUS ..... weird!!
12-17-2005 05:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Blair

35 / Male / –
RE: Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!
Messenger Plus! not MSN Plus!

This happened to me as well, not entirely sure why, but it really did not worry me... I use very many - easy to load back into MSN. Maybe use a backup program such as this one from www.sherv.net. (If you haven't this time - I realise you are asking why)

If you can't find one of your old emoticons try the command "/xcedpstealer" (stuffplug feature). This will most likely allow you to retrieve old emoticons.

Sorry I don’t know the exact cause of the problem. Perhaps someone else knows - I really don't feel like searching. :D
[Image: twink.png]
12-17-2005 07:16 AM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
you could always trying un-installing MESSENGER plus! and stuffplug {try that 1 first!} and see if they come back then its a bug in one of the 2 programs
if they dont reinstall plus and stuffplug and just bac them up next time.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
12-17-2005 08:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ero_sennin

www.battleboards.org

O.P. RE: Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!
I did everything you guys said and still my emoticons have not returned...son of a bee sting:(:@8o|8o|8o|8o|8o|
12-18-2005 03:50 PM
ero_sennin

www.battleboards.org

O.P. RE: RE: Animated Emoticons DISAPPEARED!!
quote:
Originally posted by Blair
Messenger Plus! not MSN Plus!

This happened to me as well, not entirely sure why, but it really did not worry me... I use very many - easy to load back into MSN. Maybe use a backup program such as this one from www.sherv.net. (If you haven't this time - I realise you are asking why)

If you can't find one of your old emoticons try the command "/xcedpstealer" (stuffplug feature). This will most likely allow you to retrieve old emoticons.

Sorry I don’t know the exact cause of the problem. Perhaps someone else knows - I really don't feel like searching. :D

Hey man, I installed that now...so how do I use it??
12-18-2005 05:46 PM
Super Dude

– / Male / –
What version of Messenger are you running? In the early versions of 6, all the custom emoticons would be saved as individual files way in the far corners of your person preferances and some antivirus/spyware programs don't like those files and delete them (happened to me all the time when i had 6).
Click.Download.Listen.Enjoy
S.

[Image: wlm_beta_bar.png]
[Image: 74329226_452de38ff7_o.png]
WLM INVITES -- CLICK HERE
12-19-2005 02:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ero_sennin

www.battleboards.org

I HAVE 7.0

And I did everything to re-install and all that...still my killer emoticons are not back....

and do you guys use those EMOTICON PACKS that come in like a 100!?!? There so many of those litte emoticons..holy!!
http://www.battleboards.org
Its an ANYTHING GOES forum!!
12-19-2005 03:24 AM
Blair

35 / Male / –
Sorry, but I don't think your emoticons are comming back. Don't know the cause, but I'm guessing the information used to organise your custom emoticons has somehow been deleted. You are going to have to put all your emoticons back in the hard way...

I've used emoticon packs before, think I got them form mess.be. They are awsome, except I never really used them, wasn't nessasary. Excessive custom emoticons annoy the hell out of me...

As for where the emoticons are stored...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Your DP's, CE's, ...

Your own Display Pics, Custom Emoticons and Backgrounds and other stuff are all stored in your MSN Messenger application data directory. These directories are different from OS to OS and depend on what you're exactly looking for:
CookieRevised's reply to 'where is custom stuff stored?'

Contact's DP's, CE's, ...

The Display Pictures and Custom Emoticons you've recieved from your contacts are stored in your cache in your "Temporary Internet Files"-folder. These are also stored as PNG's. Their filenames are named as CA<6_characters>.BIN.

And this is the exact place where "Display Picture Stealers" will look for the pictures and emoticons of your contacts. So if you delete your temporary internet files then no DP-stealer will find anything because nothing is there to find. For more details see:
CookieRevised's reply to 'How do CE/DP stealers work and do I need them?'
CookieRevised's reply to 'Non-Spyware CE/DP stealer/exporters'

This post was edited on 12-19-2005 at 03:43 AM by Blair.
12-19-2005 03:40 AM
ero_sennin

www.battleboards.org

Ah super thanks Blair.

Can you change the directory of the internet temporary name so all the emoticons go into my "emoticons folder inside my MSN mesenger folder"?? I just like to keep things organized on my computer that is all(6):o)|-)8-|8o|(N)(Y)^o):-#:o;):(:P
http://www.battleboards.org
Its an ANYTHING GOES forum!!
12-20-2005 02:42 PM
Blair

35 / Male / –
Nope, I think MSN puts it where it wants, and if you change the name it will just create another directory. You'll just have to save them where you want periodically, either usng a CE/DP stealer or doing it manually.
12-20-2005 02:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: