What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can not sign in

Can not sign in
Author: Message:
SiNyNis

O.P. Can not sign in
Hello
   I have resently been unable to sign in to my msn messenger at times. Most of the time its just fine but sometimes it just will not let me. when this happens even if i am signed in it will not let me talk to any of my contacts and if we have more then 2 people in a room it says i am having trobles and will kick me out. I think it could be because my computer is lagging a little but i am not sure. i have version 7.5.0306 with the latest version of plus. thank you in advance for you help.
12-18-2005 01:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
RE: Can not sign in
quote:
Originally posted by SiNyNis
Hello
   I have resently been unable to sign in to my msn messenger at times. Most of the time its just fine but sometimes it just will not let me. when this happens even if i am signed in it will not let me talk to any of my contacts and if we have more then 2 people in a room it says i am having trobles and will kick me out. I think it could be because my computer is lagging a little but i am not sure. i have version 7.5.0306 with the latest version of plus. thank you in advance for you help.

What sort of connection do you have?
We also need your version of windows ..also it would be a great help if you could tell us if you have stuffplug?
also you speak of a "room" what room do you mean?
When"it " says your having troubles..what is"IT" and what is the exact message that comes up?
Beacuse your computer is lagging a little
::: have you done a Cache and cookie clean?
::: any adware scans and virus scans and if so were they "full scans"..?:)
12-18-2005 08:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
huwnet

– / Male / –
This is a bug in MSN. Download the offical beta 7.5.0322. See Mess.be for more details ;)
12-18-2005 09:05 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by huwnet
This is a bug in MSN. Download the offical beta 7.5.0322. See Mess.be for more details ;)

It could be one of the many sign in bugs. And these patches never really do seem to fix anything we have had 7 now claming to fix sign in troubles.

quote:

How to fix error code 80048820

Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the MSN Messenger at this time. Please try again later.

To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the Troubleshoot button.

Fix this error / possible solution:

# This error can be caused by problems on the MSN servers, look at the status page to see if there are problems reported. If there are, the best thing to do is probably to wait until they are over.
# A frequent cause is that the time on your computer is not correct.
To correct the time on your computer, double-click the clock in the bottom right of your screen, in the window that appears you should check both the time and date.
If you use Windows XP, you can automatically correct the time by clicking the "Internet Time" tab, next click the "Update Now" button.
# If you still have problems connecting with the time adjusted, try to run this file. This will make sure MSN Messenger can find all the files it needs on your computer. Note that running the file can take a few minutes.

12-18-2005 09:10 PM
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
RE: RE: Can not sign in
quote:
Originally posted by huwnet

The sinnyness didn't mention what error code they were getting ,thats why I asked for exact error"message":)

12-18-2005 10:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: