What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam problems

Webcam problems
Author: Message:
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
O.P. Webcam problems
When I try to send my webcam to a contact I get this message:
quote:
You have invited [contact's name] to start viewing webcam. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the pending invitation.

Your conversation cannot begin because your camera is currently in use or not plugged in. Make sure your camera is available and try again.

You have canceled your invitation to start viewing webcam.

I'm using WLM 8.0.792 with Messenger Plus! 4.01.240.  I've used the Mess Patch as well.  My webcam is built into my laptop monitor.  It's a BisonCap webcam.

I can turn it on and take pictures outside of WLM so I know it's available.  I've checked the processes menu in task manager and nothing appears for the webcam, but anytime I try to send it in WLM I get this message.  Any ideas on what I should do?
07-17-2006 08:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Webcam problems
Try going to Tools > Audio and Video Setup and see if everything's all good in there. If  it is, then I would install the drivers for the webcam again.
07-17-2006 09:06 AM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Webcam problems
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Try going to Tools > Audio and Video Setup and see if everything's all good in there. If  it is, then I would install the drivers for the webcam again.
Thanks for your reply. It's working in the Audio/Video setup (even though it wasn't last night) but it's still not sending.  I'll look into reinstalling the drivers and hope that helps.
07-17-2006 07:41 PM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam problems
I have a VERY strong feeling it is a bug on the servers. This exact same error is happening to me, and all of my friends with cams. Wlm takes like 5-10 minutes to sign in, and in generally VERY slow.

I think it may have to do with the yahoo stuff, but I'm not sure. I hope this gets fixed soon... and I mean very soon.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-18-2006 01:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: