What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Sending files in MSN Messenger/Question

Sending files in MSN Messenger/Question
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Huh?  Sending files in MSN Messenger/Question
Each time I send files in MSN to a contact by pressing "Send Files" in the convo window I have to browse from a default location (usually "My Documents") to the place where the file is located (for example a picture in "My Pictures"). This is inconvenient if I want to send many pictures and need to browse for each of them. Is here a way to have MSN go to the desired location directly?
12-20-2005 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Sending files in MSN Messenger/Question
No unforunately this is how it was created. With the latest version of MSN Messenger (Windows Live Messenger) you will be able to create sharing folders and store all your images in there so your contacts can download them. Alternately drag and drop the files into the conversation. Note you can only send a maximum of 3 simultaneously.

Sorry for the late post.
01-04-2006 05:44 PM
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
open my computer, find the location of the files, select all the ones you want to send, copy, then paste into the convo window, but they can only send 3 at a time
or just zip the files up?

[Image: sig15ws.png]
01-04-2006 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BigKahuna

Hello i'm having problems with sending files and all and i wonder if you can help me. The program say's that my computer doesnt support sharing folders . So if theres no much if may explain how to do that i would be greatfull .

thank you
07-17-2006 12:32 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by BigKahuna
Hello i'm having problems with sending files and all and i wonder if you can help me. The program say's that my computer doesnt support sharing folders . So if theres no much if may explain how to do that i would be greatfull .

thank you

Note that you can still use the old method of transferring files - "file transfer" instead of sharing folders. There are a few reasons why you might not beable to use Sharing Folders. If your computer is using the FAT32 file system you cannot use sharing folders. Also some patches for WLM will also disable the sharing folders feature.
Segosa is newb.
07-17-2006 01:09 AM
Dragunov

42 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Sending files in MSN Messenger/Question
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
No unforunately this is how it was created. With the latest version of MSN Messenger (Windows Live Messenger) you will be able to create sharing folders and store all your images in there so your contacts can download them. Alternately drag and drop the files into the conversation. Note you can only send a maximum of 3 simultaneously.

Sorry for the late post.

can this be bigger by adding code in Plus!, cause with Plus!, u already can send more characters, so would this be possible too for sending files?
- HP Envy 17

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

betatested: Atlantis, Troopers, U2XMP, Far Cry MP

07-17-2006 10:04 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Patchou probably won't add it to Plus!, as TB will probably want to add it to StuffPlug 3. It was in the old StuffPlug-NG after all.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-17-2006 12:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BigKahuna

thank you for your fast reply . It turns out that my hard disk is FAT32 :( .Thanx anyway
07-18-2006 02:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: