What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! Live request

Plus! Live request
Author: Message:
huwnet

– / Male / –
O.P. Plus! Live request
I am sure Patchou or someone has thought of this already but it is an idea for MSN 8 / WLM.

As WLM will have its own rename contact feature it would be nice to migrate the Plus renamed contacts to the proper WLM ones.
12-29-2005 02:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
RE: Plus! Live request
the BIG downfall with the WLM re-name featre which worked in the latest plus! was that you couldn't see the contacts display name when in a convo... but now you can
thoguh with WLM say you named me as "CALUM SHERRIFF" then when in a convo that is what you  will see, and so you wont see that my display name is "CALUM ... LOVES SARAH (L)"
maybe plus! Live could find a way to stop contacts being renamed in the conversation too.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
12-29-2005 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
there is an option to diable that i believe :S
12-29-2005 04:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
huwnet

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Plus! Live request
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
the BIG downfall with the WLM re-name featre which worked in the latest plus! was that you couldn't see the contacts display name when in a convo... but now you can
thoguh with WLM say you named me as "CALUM SHERRIFF" then when in a convo that is what you  will see, and so you wont see that my display name is "CALUM ... LOVES SARAH (L)"
maybe plus! Live could find a way to stop contacts being renamed in the conversation too.

Personally I prefer contacts always using the aliases I give them. At the moment if I want to see their whole name I can open their contact card.

But thats just my opinion ;)
12-29-2005 05:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by huwnet

Personally I prefer contacts always using the aliases I give them. At the moment if I want to see their whole name I can open their contact card.

this doesnt work in WLM, and if their name is longer than 2 lines you cant veiw it all or their whole personal message, it doesnt have the scroll bar in the names like MSN did
i cant find any option to turn that off:S:<

This post was edited on 12-29-2005 at 06:36 PM by DJKAL.
12-29-2005 06:32 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL

This has been reported on connect and in the official WLM newsgroups, i'm sure before WLM is released they'll add an option for this so hopefully you can see your contacts name in conversation  :).
Segosa is newb.
12-29-2005 09:39 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
cool...thanks for the update CHESTAH
there should be a thread here somewhere to keep every1 informed of the new WLM info
**HINT **HINT**;)
i could start it up but i dont know any info so it would seem pointless for me to start it...though you have info! ;)
12-30-2005 12:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: