What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » popups/toasts

popups/toasts
Author: Message:
djtumshi

O.P. popups/toasts
awryt, ive had a look about the forum 2 see if this has already been posted but couldnt find it anywhere so sorry if its a double post

right i was wondering if there was a plugin that stopped the sign in toasts from showing on your contacts screen when u sign in.. and if not would any1 be up for the challenge of makin it? i would make it meself but im pretty useless at that kinda stuff

cheers :D
01-01-2006 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: popups/toasts
You can via the options in MSN Messenger under the alerts tab. :)
01-01-2006 04:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djtumshi

O.P. RE: popups/toasts
no m8 i mean to stop the popup from appearing on your contacts screen when u sign in, in the alerts tab thats just to stop the popup showing on your screen when they sign.. basically eg if you signed in2 msn on the sign in screen and changed ur status from appear offline to online, usually a popup will show on each of your contacts screen sayin YOU have just signed in.. is there a plugin that stops it showing on their screen :)

i hope u understood that better :S
01-01-2006 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
No, and I don't think that's possible because of the way the protocol works. I think the msn servers send the sign-in message to your contacts and not your msn client. So a plugin won't be abled to block it.
[Image: 1-0.png]

01-01-2006 05:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
No, and I don't think that's possible because of the way the protocol works. I think the msn servers send the sign-in message to your contacts and not your msn client. So a plugin won't be abled to block it.

aye...

djtumshi, you wouldn't like it either that other people would be able to control what you will see on your screen. For that reason alone, this isn't possible (that is appearing online without your contacts having a popup).

This post was edited on 01-02-2006 at 10:26 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-01-2006 09:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
When Windows Live Messenger (WLM) is released you may like to use this feature --> In WLM you can appear offline and still talk to contacts without them ever recieving a online notification toast showing you are online. Basicially you can talk to selected contacts, however once you talk to them they will know you are appearing offline.
Segosa is newb.
01-02-2006 12:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: