What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Come-Back Messages

Come-Back Messages
Author: Message:
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Come-Back Messages
I set a come back message for an offline contact and then set my status to "away to sleep" and the contact came online while I was still here and the message never sent. I thought maybe it was because of my status (although it had never been a problem in previous versions) so I set my status to online. and still nothing happened.

What am I doing wrong or are they broken and will be fixed in the next version?
01-02-2006 07:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Come-Back Messages
Comeback message are only send when:
- (there is one of course)
- when the time limit, which you can set for the comeback message, hasn't been expired,
- when you have enabled the checkbox on top of the comeback dialog when you entered the message(!!!),
- when your contact comes online (thus wasn't online before),
- at the moment your contact comes online you are not offline,
- when Messenger Plus! can open a conversation window to that contact and give the focus to this opened window.

Thus, it will not send when your status is offline for example. Or when something is blocking the automatically openening of the chat window or putting the focus on that window.

The comeback messages are also not sent immediatly, it takes a few seconds before they will be send. This also means that if your contact immediatly goes back offline, the comeback message will never be sent.

The reason why it wouldn't work when you manually set your status to online is that the contact is already online. When a contact is already online a comeback message will not be sent. Comback messages are only triggered to send when the contact changes his status from offline to online.

PS: make sure you always have the latest Messenger Plus! version installed: current latest version is 3.62.146.

This post was edited on 01-02-2006 at 07:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-02-2006 07:43 PM
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Come-Back Messages
I set the come-back message, the box was (and still is checked), and the date it expires was never set. I had a personalised status set when the user came online, and the user hasn't gone offline since.

If the come-back messages don't work when a status is set to anything other than "online", then I think it should be changed in the next update because why would I need to set a come-back message for someone if I'm online? :)
01-03-2006 03:15 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: