What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP

Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP
Author: Message:
Reena

O.P. Huh?  Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP
I downloaded msg+ along with the sponsor program. But after everything was installed, I decided I didn't want the sponsor and went to uninstall the sponsor through the control panel like the instructions on FAQ says to do, and I think it was working; the little window with the name Messenger Plus Uninstallation popped up. But the box stays gray and empty.

It stayed like that for several minutes and it wasn't responding. I tried turning off the computer and restarting it but it took very very long. I tried uninstalling the whole  msg+ but the same thing happens. The strange thing is, all of the functions of msg+ was gone like it's been deleted but when I go to the Add/Remove programs section, msg+ is still there!!

I downloaded msg+ again, and tried once again to uninstall it properly. The uninstalling box appears but it just stays empty and not responding.

I think this is all because the 1st time I uninstalled it, I didn't close one web page, but is there anything I can do to fix the problem and just get rid of msg+ ??? PLEASE HELP
01-05-2006 06:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP
ok this may sound like a dumb answer: but reinstall messenger plus once more WITH the sponsor program, then CLOSE ALL INTERNET EXPLORER windows and then uninstall the sponsor again.
01-05-2006 06:42 AM
Shezi

...Feel tHe cHanGe...

39 / Male / –
for uninstalling the sponsor.. follow this....
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
[Image: bubble7nx.jpg]
01-05-2006 10:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
And now you can ask yourself what was the point of installing sponsor. ^o)
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
01-05-2006 12:26 PM
Reena

O.P. RE: Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Lizard Boy's suggestion to re-install msg+ with the sponsor program and the weird thing is, when I was installing, it froze as well, so I never got to re-install it properly. It took ages but I managed to restart the computer and msg+ was gone!! Seems like it somehow deleted and uninstalled itself! So everything's okay now :)

Thank you all once again ^^
01-06-2006 04:25 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Check your program files too just in case... C: ---> Program Files... If there's a Messenger Plus! folder then delete that and everything in it....

I'm saying this cause it might just not have run when your system rebooted and it could still be on your system if the uninstallation didn't run fully through.
01-06-2006 05:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Reena

O.P. Wink  RE: Msg plus. won't uninstall properly!!! HELP
When I realised msg+ wasn't in the programs anymore, I checked the file where I downloaded it to and deleted everything to do with it. So there shouldn't be any of it left.
01-06-2006 10:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: