What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » all my contacts have been deleted from msn!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
all my contacts have been deleted from msn!
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. all my contacts have been deleted from msn!
yo, all my contacts are gone, i dunno if its someone hacking my account or hat, but anyways, is there anyway I can get em back ASAP? i use MSN mostly for buisness

PS. Lou_habs, i know we're talking but i dont have ur address anymore, so please can u readd me if you see this?
01-07-2006 10:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: all my contacts have been deleted from msn!
Umm afaik the only way is if you saved your contact list periodicly...... It's a quick and easy way to back up your list.
01-07-2006 10:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Try Noroom's Listmanager.

If the contacts are still to be found in any list..blocklist, allowlist, reverselist then you will be able to add them back easily ;)

P.S. It is not wise to use MSN Messenger for business, it's not designed for it and surely at this moment far from stable enough. I suggest you use Windows Messenger (Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition) for business instead (wich was designed for business).

This post was edited on 01-07-2006 at 10:43 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-07-2006 10:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: all my contacts have been deleted from msn!
i didnt back any of em up if thats wat u mean, but i'll give it a shot
01-07-2006 10:39 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Yeah... I'd change your password too.... you know... just in case somebody knows it so you don't have to go through this whole thing again once you get your contacts back....

And for if there's ever a next time... I'd start backing up your contact list once a month or so... just go to Contacts --> Save contact list...

Then enter in whatever you want and put it where you'll remember it.
01-07-2006 10:49 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: all my contacts have been deleted from msn!
ye i will and i have changed the password. btw, i downloaded that program. how the hell do i use it to find my original contact list, coz i didnt back it up

EDIT: i've learnt how to use the program, and ive got em all back thankyou so much for tellin about this program mate and the person hu made this!!!!

This post was edited on 01-07-2006 at 11:01 PM by MC Inferno.
01-07-2006 10:58 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
ye i will and i have changed the password. btw, i downloaded that program. how the hell do i use it to find my original contact list, coz i didnt back it up
Use it to view your allow list, because if the contacts have been deleted from your contact list they may still be on your allow list.
01-07-2006 11:00 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
@ Sunshine: if it was somebody "hacking" who logged into his account by knowing his password and deleted his contacts, theres really no difference between using windows messenger and msn messenger because its still the same network.
01-08-2006 04:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
@ Sunshine: if it was somebody "hacking" who logged into his account by knowing his password and deleted his contacts, theres really no difference between using windows messenger and msn messenger because its still the same network.
That was not what Sunshine meant. The current versions of MSN Messenger indeed show some stability problems and if you use Messenger for bussiness it is better to use Windows messenger which was especially designed for it and runs more stable because of the lack of all the bloated stuff. There are also other things in Windows Messenger specifically related to business which MSN Messenger doesn't have.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
yo, all my contacts are gone, i dunno if its someone hacking my account or hat, but anyways, is there anyway I can get em back ASAP? i use MSN mostly for buisness
out of interest but still very important:

What is the exact and complete version number of MSN Messenger you've used? And, did you got an error message or other message telling you that the contact list coulnd't be retrieved?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-08-2006 04:46 AM
sord1

I've been using Messenger for about 5 years .... never had a problem with my contact list ... logged on this morning and 90% of my contacts have gone:(

whats going on? ...... 
01-08-2006 09:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: