What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Translation for Switzerland

Translation for Switzerland
Author: Message:
Tobiaz

67 / Male / –
O.P. Translation for Switzerland
I don't think that there's an translation for Switzerland!?
Hm... sometimes it would be really usefull!

It would be great if it is possible to do for the Messenger Plus! Live, maybe for the 'old' version too...

Greeeeeeeeez Tobiaz
01-08-2006 09:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Translation for Switzerland
No, there is no translation for Switzerland, but there are German, French and Italian. As far as I know, these three are official languages in Switzerland. Only Romansh is left out of the list. I don't know anything about Switzerland's cultures or use of language, but Romansh should be official language also and it also is missing from MsgPlus!

So you can translate it to Romansh if you want to. Speaking of Plus! Live, there's going to be a different structure for language file so you cannot use same language file in Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Live. I don't know, is it worth to translate the old file. If the new Plus! is going to be a resource-eater, then yes, people on old comps may stick to old Plus! and it's even worth to translate it. Else, there's no point to do it...unless you skip three days from school with excuse "i had to save the world".
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
01-08-2006 11:12 AM
Tobiaz

67 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Translation for Switzerland
:D Yeeeees... You're right. You know, in Switzerland we speak a 'special-form' of German. And some people don't understand the 'German from Germany' very well... so I thought it would be useful.
01-08-2006 11:15 AM
rix

34 / Male / Flag
I advise you to contact Patchou. There might be a little change in translations system, as the installer is getting too big. I don't remember the exact solution guys figured out, but you can search this forum, it should be somewhere here.

If the use of this new language is going to be small, then Patchou might not include it. But hey, you can still translate it (just wait till Plus! Live is out) and put it up here @ translations forum, like some translators do.
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
01-08-2006 11:31 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rix
Speaking of Plus! Live, there's going to be a different structure for language file so you cannot use same language file in Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Live. I don't know, is it worth to translate the old file.
of course not... The structure of the new file is going to be the same, ie: it'll have the usual sections and fields, but they will be diferent from the actual ones, so you won't be able to copy-paste one into the other.

IMO, it is much better to wait until the translation phase of MP!L, and contact patchou to ask him if you can create a new translation.
quote:
Originally posted by rix
If the new Plus! is going to be a resource-eater, then yes, people on old comps may stick to old Plus! and it's even worth to translate it.
nah! I'm sure the new plus wont eat any resource, the same as the current one. Also, take in mind that at the end, microsoft won't allow old messenger clients to conect, therefore if only messenger live will work, only plus live will be usefull. Remember that Plus Live only works in Messenger Live and that normal Plus won't work withe Messenger Live.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-08-2006 12:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
But note that MSN Messenger will continue to exist for a very long time. It is not because WLM will be released that all previous versions will not be used anymore all of a sudden. So is it usefull to translate for the "old" version (although I do not want to call it "old" at all)? Yes, IMO it is. Many people will still use MSN Messenger instead of Windows Live Messenger...

As for the special localized German/French mixture dialect of Switzerland becomming an official translation in Plus!. Maybe, but I doubt it. Though, there is nothing which prevents you from creating it and putting it on the forums ;)

(PS: and translating it for 3.62.146 would be a good practice for the upcomming WLM btw.)

This post was edited on 01-08-2006 at 12:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-08-2006 12:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: