What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Lexmark Printer with removable disc drive, disables all other usb storage devices

Lexmark Printer with removable disc drive, disables all other usb storage devices
Author: Message:
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
O.P. Lexmark Printer with removable disc drive, disables all other usb storage devices
Does anyone know how to help?

Problem:

I installed a new printer, Lexmark P4330, it has a removable disk drive.
I'm on Windows XP home sp2. and now when i plug in my walkman, which is a USB mass storage device, it sais "USB Device not recognised" in an error baloon, and it does the same for when i plug in my camera, which has a memory stick slot.

I have tried :

1/ Renaming the disk letter of the printer to "J" instead of "F" in "Computer Management" incase that was the conflict
2/ Reinstalling the camera driver (the walkman is mass storage so it doesn't need a driver)
3/ Tested other USB devices: The webcam works, so i think it's just a storage conflict.
4/ Device manager: The only yellow error was under "other devices" which was "Ethernet controller"

quote:
Originally posted by my compter
"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

however i don't know what the device actually is so i don't know what driver to install (if infact that is the REAL problem). 

5/Unplugging the Printer - when unplugging the printer, the computer recognises the walkman (even if the lexmark program thinks it's a photo disk)
01-08-2006 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: