What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » chat logs vanished

chat logs vanished
Author: Message:
Lynni06

O.P. chat logs vanished
Alright I know there have been threads about the October log disappearing b/c of some bug. Well, My Sept - Nov logs have completely vanished.

When November started my Oct logs dissappeared. Nov and Sept were there until today when I turned on my computer and to my surprise, they too have disappeared. I'm thinking they went somewhere else on my computer but i've looked everywhere. I know I didn't delete them either. Is there a way I can get them back? Where do I look if they did get moved somewhere else?
01-08-2006 03:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: chat logs vanished
You can try:

1 - Make sure you have completely looked in X:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Chat Logs
Replace 'X' with your Hard drive letter.
Replace 'User' with your Windows User Name.

2 - Go to Start > Search and try these searches:
- Email Address (ex. 'example@hotmail.com')
- 'My Chat Logs'
- 'October 2005', 'November 2005', etc.

3 - If it is very important, then you could do system restore to the point when you had the chat logs.

Go to Start > Help and Support > Undo changes to your computer with System Restore

Note: System Restore must of been enabled in order to use it.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-08-2006 03:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
3 - If it is very important, then you could do system restore to the point when you had the chat logs.
System restore is not the solution to problems like this, it shouldn't even be tried. In fact the system restore is used much too often to "solve" problems. In most cases a system restore will not solve problems and in fact will cause more troubles than anything else. Do not recommend a system restore just like that. System restore is only to be used in heavly damaged systems as a very very last resort prior to formatting. System restore is not a backup/restore system.

quote:
Originally posted by Lynni06
Alright I know there have been threads about the October log disappearing b/c of some bug. Well, My Sept - Nov logs have completely vanished.

When November started my Oct logs dissappeared. Nov and Sept were there until today when I turned on my computer and to my surprise, they too have disappeared. I'm thinking they went somewhere else on my computer but i've looked everywhere. I know I didn't delete them either. Is there a way I can get them back? Where do I look if they did get moved somewhere else?

Your logs aren't vanished or deleted. They are misplaced, moved to the wrong archive directory due to a bug in previous Messenger Plus! versions.

Make sure you have the latest Messenger Plus! 3.62.146 version. If not download and install it: http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

For more detailed info see chat archiving

This post was edited on 01-08-2006 at 04:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-08-2006 04:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lynni06

O.P. RE: chat logs vanished
Thanks soooooo much! Those tips worked for me!
01-08-2006 07:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Which one solved your problem?
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing