What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » What's with Group Contacts?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
What's with Group Contacts?
Author: Message:
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
O.P. What's with Group Contacts?
I don't know if these problems should be considered bugs or are they problems which should be address to the team.

I have been using MSN Plus and what I suddenly realized is that if I had my contacts grouped and it is in minimize mode, if a contact tried to send me a message and is not the default, I would get no indication like the highlighted tab thingy on the tool bar or simply a sound for notification. It would only highlight if the contact is at default.

Secondly I noticed that since I've installed MSN Plus, I use to get an indication popup whenever I receive new email, now there is no indication. Then again I'm wondering if it's just that it has it's time to go on holidays and will return soon.

This post was edited on 01-22-2006 at 02:18 AM by lrac522.
[Image: signature3phpga4.png]
01-22-2006 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: What's with Group Contacts?
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
How can I get help with answers?

of course!
could you post messenger and plus versions please?os?
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-22-2006 01:58 AM
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: What's with Group Contacts?
I have been using MSN Messenger 7.5 and Messenger Plus 3.62.146 on Windows XP. What I suddenly realized is that the popup for email notification only works sometime.

This post was edited on 01-22-2006 at 02:24 AM by lrac522.
01-22-2006 02:22 AM
Timothy003
Banned

40 / – / –
I don't think it's Messenger Plus! (it's Messenger Plus! or MsgPlus, not MSN Plus!) that interferes with email notifications. I have been receiving email notifications a lot (mostly junk/spam :() and I actually want to take it out (it's annoying and really loud when you turn your speakers full-blast for watching movies).

If the default conversation in grouping conversations was not the one that you received a message from, Messenger will automatically switch that active conversation to the default and highlight it. I don't know what the problem is with your Messenger.

This post was edited on 01-22-2006 at 03:31 AM by Timothy003.
01-22-2006 02:35 AM
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
I'm really sorry but it doesn't work the way you suggested, i doesn't automatically switch to most recent message, dunno if it's due to the fact that i disable the tabbed chats section that says "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages" i don't want to do that cause sometimes i'm not around the computer and i don't like my messages popping up infront of other users. Am I making sense?

I am at the moment still experiencing the problem, not knowing when a contact sends a message if not at default. only shows orange on the task bar if the contact is at default.
01-22-2006 02:51 AM
Timothy003
Banned

40 / – / –
You need to check the option "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages" for it to work. Activating chat windows with messages sent by your contact brings that conversation into default. Pretty obvious, eh? ;)
01-22-2006 02:58 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
simply a sound for notification
go to the main msn messenger window and on the tool tip (where file and edit and stuff like that is) and click on the Plus! menu and go to preferences.  then click on notifications and make sure that this is checked off: Enable contact sign on and off sounds etc...then while still in the notifications section click onto pop-up options and make sure that the enable messenger plus notifications.  then click OK at the bottom and see if that works.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-22-2006 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
I see your point clearly but i would prefer even some indication with that section uncheck to say that there are new messages without popping up the message. The reason is sometimes other people would borrow my machine and i hate it when mi messages pops up infront or them. Do u understant my point?
01-22-2006 03:09 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
yeah i see what your saying, i found what you are looking for.  go to the main msn messenger windows and then go to tools> preferences then click on Alerts and sounds on the side and then under the alerts part uncheck and check the email options.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-22-2006 03:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Timothy003
Banned

40 / – / –
Go to Messenger Plus! - Preferences, click on the Privacy Protection tab, click on the Messenger Lock menu, and set a Messenger Lock shortcut (mine's Ctrl + L). Then, when other people want to use your computer, just do a quick Ctrl + L and bring it back by double-clicking on the Messenger icon in the System Tray. Using Messenger Lock makes all windows and alerts invisible and is helpful when other people use your computer and logon.

Oh, and if you don't really trust them, you can even set a password to Messenger Lock.

This post was edited on 01-22-2006 at 03:21 AM by Timothy003.
01-22-2006 03:18 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: