What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ebay help

ebay help
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. ebay help
hi everyone:)

I need some ebay help. I am a new member to ebay and i have posted a few items i want to sell. After a couple of days no one bided for my items and they were not sold. Then i saw a programe on TV that says the more rep on ebay you have the more people trust you and will buy your items. And what i want to know is how am i going to sell items if i dont have any rep and i cant get any rep becuase no one will buy my items what shell i do?
01-30-2006 04:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: ebay help
If you have friends that use Ebay tell them to rep you and say good things about the way you sell and then people will see that and yeah.... You'll be able to sell more.... :refuck:...

Actually it's not completely recommended... but it was the first solution that came to mind
01-30-2006 04:23 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
eBay feedback is made up of comments and ratings left by other eBay members you've bought from and sold to. These comments and ratings are valuable indicators of your reputation as a buyer or seller on eBay. They are included, along with an overall feedback score, in your Member Profile.

If you purchase items you usually receive feedback too; therefore when you become an active eBay member your feedback increases.

Check out: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/about-feedback.html

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 04:28 AM by mwe99.
01-30-2006 04:27 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: ebay help
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
eBay feedback is made up of comments and ratings left by other eBay members you've bought from and sold to. These comments and ratings are valuable indicators of your reputation as a buyer or seller on eBay. They are included, along with an overall feedback score, in your Member Profile.

If you purchase items you usually receive feedback too; therefore when you become an active eBay member your feedback increases.

Check out: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/about-feedback.html

thanks for the help ill try that. I am using my dads credit card on ebay lol that was just a reply to your little fine print down the bottom of the page:D
01-30-2006 04:29 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
You could also try selling some cheaper items just for the hell of it. People might be more inclined to buy a cheaper item from a new seller than buying expensive things from a new seller.

The buyers of the cheap items will then (hopefully) leave positive feedback.

Once you have a few rep points (from the cheap sales), you can sell what you wanted to sell in the first place.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
01-30-2006 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

You can also get points from people who you buy items off, so if you go around eBay buying random stuff, and send the payments almost instantly, then really they should give you feedback for how fast the transaction etc. went through.
01-30-2006 11:20 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: ebay help
quote:
Originally posted by joelm
Then i saw a programe on TV that says the more rep on ebay you have the more people trust you and will buy your items. And what i want to know is how am i going to sell items if i dont have any rep and i cant get any rep becuase no one will buy my items what shell i do?
It is not that linear/strait forward. Of course, the higher the reputation the more trustable your are, but that comes only secondary; It does not mean you can't sell/buy anything if you don't have a reputation.

What they mean in the TV Program is that you have more chance of being trusted when you have a higher reputation compared to somebody else with the same item. They did not mean you can only sell stuff if you have a high reputation.

The question/problem is not your reputation, but the price you put on the item and above all, the kind of item you sell. There must be a demand for it. If nobody wants it or if the starting price is too high, then you wont sell it, even if you have +1000 reputation points...

Also, the way you advertise and describe the item plays a role in it and also in what category you put it in (put it in the correct category).

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
If you have friends that use Ebay tell them to rep you and say good things about the way you sell and then people will see that and yeah.... You'll be able to sell more.... :refuck:...

Actually it's not completely recommended... but it was the first solution that came to mind
This will not work on ebay. The reputation system there isn't something where random people can vote on other random people; you first have to buy or sell and complete the transaction before you can give the seller or buyer a reputation.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-30-2006 11:52 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: ebay help
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You can also get points from people who you buy items off, so if you go around eBay buying random stuff, and send the payments almost instantly, then really they should give you feedback for how fast the transaction etc. went through.

You can just start buying random stuff, but it doesn't matter on how fast you act or how friendly you are, if the transaction happens you can expect positive feedback. The seller isn't able to give you more points if you were a good buyer or just a few if you were lousy, it's just positive or negative on each transaction.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

This will not work on ebay. The reputation system there isn't something where random people can vote on other random people; you first have to buy or sell and complete the transaction before you can give the seller or buyer a reputation.

It will work, you just have to complete a transaction with your friend.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
01-30-2006 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: ebay help
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

It will work, you just have to complete a transaction with your friend.

you can NOT give someone a rep just out of the blue, as one could interpret groessl35 suggestion
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-30-2006 01:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: