What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Customised Filter list of Personalise Status

Customised Filter list of Personalise Status
Author: Message:
thor_rt

O.P. Customised Filter list of Personalise Status
Customised Filter list of Personalise Status will be blank/erase after re-login of PC.
06-30-2005 08:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CLS

RE: Customised Filter list of Personalise Status
Oh yes, I have that same problem too.

Its quite irritating, cos I have set a customised personalised status autoresponder message that will be send to a specific list of contacts. Every time, I login and out of MSN, this list will be blank.

Can someone advise if I should set anything on or off so that the list will not be defaulted back to blank?

06-30-2005 08:52 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
This is not a bug yet made on purpose. Described in Changelogs (3.00.92):

quote:
The "allowed list" is cleared every time you go out of Personalised Status mode. The reason is quite simple: this feature is designed to help you target specific contacts, for specific reasons, at a given moment. If you want some people to never receive any of your messages, you probably should block them or remove them from your list :).

06-30-2005 10:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
thor_rt

O.P. RE: Customised Filter list of Personalise Status
hi mnjul, thanks for the reply... but since there are so many preset status allowed, should the feature of selection of customised filter list be "saved" rather than cleared everytime since personalised status mode cannot be "locked" once log out of msn.

since at times, the feature can be used to "mislead" certain "unwanted" contacts :P
06-30-2005 12:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The choice of Patchou to do it this way is understandable and makes sense. However, I also can see how you could use this feature to filter to whom you which an auto response for. Eg: you can have pers. status "Working on PC", and an auto responder "piss off". Yet you could filter out your bosses email if it was implemented like you ask for.

But it will demand a change in layout and possible a bit of reprogramming. It isn't simply a small "fix"/"addition", I reckon. So maybe Patchou will consider it for futur versions. Hopefully he sees this thread ;)

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 02:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2005 02:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
exactly... this could be done but in a differnt way.. I'll add it in my todo list :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-30-2005 08:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
krisdl

I just did a search on customising staus on these forums and this seem like the closest thing to what I need so I decided to post here.

I am looking to let one of my contacts see that I am offline or display a custom statud to him when he sees me online, it's my father in law and he won't stop buggin me, he really doesn't get online gaming and doesn't knwo why I stay up till 3am play games.

Please help me, he is driving me crazy.

cheers for your time

Kris
03-08-2006 03:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
There is no way to show a different status to only a select few contacts or contact. Statusses are always for all your contacts; this is the way the Messenger protocol works. As soon as you change/set your status, it is passed to the MSN servers which pass it on their turn to all your contacts.

----

The Plus! Personalised Statusses have also nothing to do with this or aren't a close match either (or whatever). This is because they are not really personalised or new statusses... It's a trick that Plus! does with what is seen on the screen; in reality you still will have one of the normal Messenger statusses and the setting/changing statusses system (aka protocol) will still work as it otherwise would.

Your contact firstly needs Plus! installed in order to see a Plus! custom status instead of the default statusses. And second, the custom statusses are actually nothing more then the "away" status (or any other existing Messenger status), but Plus! filters the word "away" out and replaces it with the given custom status text.

So for people who don't have Plus! the contact list line would look like:
   [away icon] This is my screen name yadda yadda {snoring} (away)
People with Plus! will the see line:
   [away icon] This is my screen name yadda yadda (snoring)
because Plus! has filtered out the "away" status and replaced it (only on screen) with the stuff between {}.

----

As for your particular "problem". The most close thing you can do is block him...

Another way is to set yourself as "Appear Offline". With the new versions of Messenger you can still talk to contacts when you Appear Offline. But this of course means you can't set your status anymore to something else (or you're "busted" ;))

This post was edited on 03-09-2006 at 01:05 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-09-2006 01:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: