What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows Defender and MSG Plus

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Windows Defender and MSG Plus
Author: Message:
QuantumHybrid

O.P. Windows Defender and MSG Plus
I hope this is the right place for this or if its already been brought up, sorry for reposting it.

Windows Defender is detecting MSG Plus as a High Threat.  Is it safe to ignore?
02-15-2006 09:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Defender and MSG Plus
Is it now?  Thanks for the tip, ill look into it.
02-15-2006 09:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Yeah, I noticed it too. But I didn't really care to report because Messenger Plus! Live is coming out soon enough. MP!L will be totally different and because of that detection by Windows Defender will most likely be different too.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2006 09:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Yeah, I noticed it too. But I didn't really care to report because Messenger Plus! Live is coming out soon enough. MP!L will be totally different and because of that detection by Windows Defender will most likely be different too.
it detects the optional sponsorprogram, if this won't change than I doubt there will be much of a difference.
02-15-2006 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Windows Defender sucks!

If you want to get rid of spyware, use Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition.

At a click of a button, Microsoft could just put "Optional Sponsor included", but nooooo! HIGH RISK - SPYWARE. I thought it got rid of spyware!? Msg Plus! doesn't even have spyware in the actual program OR the optional sponsor.

As if it's a high risk. :S
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-15-2006 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
It only detects the setup has high threat. The software itself is not detected during Quick Scan. The problem though is tht its detected in Full Scan and this stupid new beta of theirs do not show you the list of any of the software detected now, except if you click on a special link. The only thing you get is a default Remove All button.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's gonna either not using this product or stop using it. I don't think my users are going to be happy to see Messenger Plus! disappear suddenly without a reason or an explanation.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-15-2006 10:17 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
petition? doesnt this run the same engine as MASP?
[Image: guanako20.png]
02-15-2006 10:55 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Don't know the technical background if the same engine is still used. But I guess so, just updated definition files.

Anyway, Microsoft Antispyware is indeed renamed to Windows Defender. Maybe because it does indeed likes to remove random applications instead of just removing spyware. Or maybe they renamed it to Windows Defender because it defends Windows' by allowing Remote Desktop while any VNC server is very evil. Or maybe they just renamed it because of the bad name in general they were building up. God knows.

Remember: This is the same software that thinks Symantec (Norton) Antivirus is a password stealing virus and corrupts Norton because of that so your precious system will not be protected anymore against viruses at all.

This post was edited on 02-15-2006 at 11:08 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2006 11:04 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Defender and MSG Plus
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Don't know the technical background if the same engine is still used. But I guess so, just updated definition files.

Anyway, Microsoft Antispyware is indeed renamed to Windows Defender. Maybe because it does indeed likes to remove random applications instead of just removing spyware. Or maybe they renamed it to Windows Defender because it defends Windows' by allowing Remote Desktop while any VNC server is very evil. Or maybe they just renamed it because of the bad name in general they were building up. God knows.

Remember: This is the same software that thinks Symantec (Norton) Antivirus is a password stealing virus and corrupts Norton because of that so your precious system will not be protected anymore against viruses at all.

:lol: Haha! Probely renamed it because of the bad name they was getting :P Not exactly any better now though is it?

Never new that it corrupts Norton Antivirus and says it's a password stealing virus!! That's hilarious :P Just backs up my post that Windows Antispyware/Defender is a stupid useless peice of junk.

>> Use Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition (free) :refuck:
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-16-2006 02:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
<offtopic>

I think the renaming has to do with the Windows Live thing.

I am no expert, so don't quote me on this, but I belive I read somewhere that Microsoft is changing everything to "Windows *product name*".

-MSN Messenger - Windows Live Messenger
-Hotmail - Windows Live Mail
-MSAS - Windows Defender

Etc..

</offtopic>
02-16-2006 03:12 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend