What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Slow throughput via Router [solved]

Slow throughput via Router [solved]
Author: Message:
Ghost_Stalker

I will eat your unhappiness!

40 / Male / –
O.P. Slow throughput via Router [solved]
I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router. And lately, i've noticed that through my router, the connection is really slow. Including over ethernet. Its not just the internet, but when I try to log into the router as well. I have to go to the router, power the modem and router down, then power up the modem and then the router. Then its fine for a while. Lather, rinse, repeat!

I've reconfigured my router already. And I've got the wireless setup to allow the Nintendo DS' in the house to connect to it. It wasn't really a problem before. Right now, I have my modem plugged directly into my laptop, and the speed is awesome! My torrents are downloading really fast, and the internet is running really well. All the speed tests that I've done have shown a 2.8Mbps connection (approx.)

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

NOTE
I just noticed that the firmware of my router is 4.20.7 and that is the newest firmware for the WRT54G Ver.4 router. Would that make a big difference? Stupid Linksys had that as a download for the Ver. 3.1 router

EDIT
I was able to find the previous firmware on the linksys ftp site, and was able to flash my router back to ver. 4.00.7 but throuhput is still a little slow. is that to be expected when using a router?

This post was edited on 02-19-2006 at 06:31 AM by Ghost_Stalker.
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-16-2006 02:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Slow throughput via Router
Lack of throughput speed either means some settings are conflicting, or the network is severly congested. Double-check your settings (reset to factory if necessary), and see what you can do to reduce network traffic.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-16-2006 04:47 PM
Ghost_Stalker

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Slow throughput via Router
I'll check that out tonight. I had reloaded the router once already. It could very well be conflicted settings... I'll go over that tonight. Thanks for the top!
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-16-2006 07:28 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Slow throughput via Router
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Stalker
Thanks for the top!
No problem. Hope you like the tip too :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-17-2006 01:34 AM
Ghost_Stalker

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Slow throughput via Router
LOL ya, tip... sorry! LOL

EDIT
Issue resolved!

This post was edited on 02-19-2006 at 06:32 AM by Ghost_Stalker.
02-17-2006 01:37 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: