What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!!

Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!!
Author: Message:
Graxer2006

O.P. Huh?  Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!!
[font=Tahoma][size=2][color=green] Hello there

I've been having a few problems with my DVD drive and my CD-RW drive. After buying a new game for my PC, Command & Conquer The First Decade, I installed all of the components from it. However, 2 of the games which were supplied with the disc kept bringing up the error message: "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM".
This baffled me, as the disc was already inserted and the other games on the disc did not require the disc to play them. After this message came up, my DVD drive then disappeared from my PC, and would not reappear unless i restarted the PC completely.
My friend then supplied me with a floppy disk which had a registry entry on it that was supposed 2 fix the problem. When i used this disk, it altered the registry, and now it will not pick up either my DVD drive OR my CD-RW drive.
I attempted a system restore to try and reverse the process, but this did not fix the problem. I am now stuck as to what to do about this? IS there any method of reversing it?? any help greatly appreciated!!
02-17-2006 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!! - by Graxer2006 on 02-17-2006 at 09:42 PM
RE: Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!! - by CookieRevised on 02-17-2006 at 10:01 PM
RE: Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!! - by Graxer2006 on 02-17-2006 at 10:22 PM
RE: Totally lost here, HELP PLEASE!! - by matty on 02-17-2006 at 10:41 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: