What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help with a block!

Help with a block!
Author: Message:
DianaDiana

O.P. Help with a block!
Hey everyone,

I have a question about blocking someone on MSN. Bear with me, this might be a long, confusing thread/question. Recently, my friend was using my computer (to check email, etc) and while I was doing something else(I.E. not watching him), he was able to see the fact that I had blocked him earlier that day without logging onto my MSN. In his anger he blurted out that his computer savvy friend had showed him how to see if someone had blocked him. Now, I know that he would not have just used a block checker to see if only I had blocked him, especially if I was in the next room. There must have been a way for him to check all of his MSN contacts at one time and noticed that I had blocked him. Also, when I logged back onto my MSN, all of my contacts were displayed as email addresses, as opposed to display names. So there must have been some sort of scan done that resetted my settings??? Can't a person block in peace?
02-21-2006 10:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Help with a block!
hmm, well if he was using your computer i would say he might have checked your messenger plus! event logs, about your settings i honestly don't know, i do know that block checkers no longer work at all
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6674 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
02-21-2006 10:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

34 / Male / Flag
just dont leave yourself signed in when you leave your computer.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
02-21-2006 10:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DianaDiana

O.P. RE: Help with a block!
But I wasn't signed in...plus, why would all of my contacts on my list change from their display names to their email addresses?
02-21-2006 10:34 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DianaDiana
But I wasn't signed in...plus, why would all of my contacts on my list change from their display names to their email addresses?
This happens when Messenger Plus! imporperly hooks the contact list to set the custom names.

Do you have MSN Messenger set to sign you in automatically?
02-22-2006 12:04 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Help with a block!
quote:
Originally posted by DianaDiana

[Image: attachment.php?pid=608369]
Or maybe that's not set right?

Also, is your password set to 'remember my password' ?

[Image: screenshot32mc.png]

.png File Attachment: screenshot 2.png (31.16 KB)
This file has been downloaded 273 time(s).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-22-2006 12:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DianaDiana

O.P. RE: Help with a block!
Hey,

Thanks for trying to help! :) I was set on automatic sign in with the remember my password option, but in all honesty, I really feel that he wouldn't have gone onto my MSN with me so close by. Plus, he's not that conniving or stupid - whatever you wanna call it (at least I hope not). And regarding the "view contacts by", I did have it set to display name instead of email (display names are much more amusing). Any other ideas? :S Also, I never downloaded Messenger Plus...so I'm still confused about the displayed names changing to email addresses....
02-22-2006 02:58 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
If he did sign in has you, he could have set it to view by email so he could find his address easyly.

From what you've said so far i think that him signing in on your account is the most likely cause.
02-22-2006 03:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: