What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » bluetooth dongle problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
bluetooth dongle problem
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. bluetooth dongle problem
i have a dongle i got at o2 (more info on that dongle here) for my pc using a USB and a Nokia 6230i

recently i've been using the gile transfer to put a mannor of dirty and video's and rap music oto my brand new phone to much delight, but my most favourite thing was sending ppl random shit on the bus. I go to the hospital for a skin condiditon an hour and half away 3 days a week, so i spend alot of time on buses, this was making it better, sending my website to ppl.

Anyway, recently it started to say cancelled all the time. i was at work, so my mate said he'd help me work out y, eventally, i relised that my phone was paired with my PC, so i un-paired em and it was fine getting all he stuff my mate sent me again :)

heres the problem. when i got hoe, the PC isnt recoginsing the dongle anymore..... there little red light flashes wen connected liek always, but theres no sign of life in ethier.

ive tried everything i can think of, i spent 30 quid on this thing, it best not have been a waste, especially has i havent got a reciet :S

any help ppl?
02-23-2006 01:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: bluetooth dongle problem
have you re paired your phone with your computer?
02-23-2006 11:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
try to reinstall the device on your computer.
02-23-2006 12:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
Unplug and replug it, and try different USB ports (higher chance of ti working when plugged into the port which it was first working from).

If it doesn't start working, unplug it, uninstall the software and drivers that work with it, reinstall the software and drivers that work with it, then plug it back in.

I doubt that the dongle has just stopped working, you could try it in a friends computer to check it.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
02-24-2006 09:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: bluetooth dongle problem
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
have you re paired your phone with your computer?

i cant, the dongle isnt recognised, so the pc cant be found on the bluetooth list

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
try to reinstall the device on your computer.
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Unplug and replug it, and try different USB ports (higher chance of ti working when plugged into the port which it was first working from).

If it doesn't start working, unplug it, uninstall the software and drivers that work with it, reinstall the software and drivers that work with it, then plug it back in.

I doubt that the dongle has just stopped working, you could try it in a friends computer to check it.

i only ever put it one USB port, i kept there 24/7, since trying to get it working again ive put in a few others too but nonoe of that helped

ive just uninstalled the drivers but that came to no avail. the PC will not recognise anything is being put in there.
02-26-2006 04:24 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
Just send it back to o2 and tell them that it doesn't work if that's the case.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
02-26-2006 04:50 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
i havent got a reciet, box, etc. if they wont take it back, am i fucked then?
03-01-2006 02:05 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
You're not completely fucked. You could try it in a friend's computer, to test whether the problem is with your computer.

You shouldn't need a reciept, they sold it to you, they know that withou checking your receipt, and they wont care about a box, it's just a waste of time opening to them.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

03-01-2006 07:09 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
sound. i'll try it on my mates wen i get the chance. hopefully, it'll help, if it dont, i'll take it back with my bank statement
03-02-2006 01:30 AM
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
Jus an idea when you install the software make sure its plugged in ..I kinna had the same problem it wouldnt recognize it..so i rang up the ph manufacturer they told me to uninstall the software and reinstall with it plugged in to the usb port.
03-02-2006 03:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: