What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unknown Desktop Contacts

Unknown Desktop Contacts
Author: Message:
jewong

O.P. Unknown Desktop Contacts
Everytime I bring up messenger plus, a few desktop contacts pop up as "Unknown".  I removed all desktop contacts through the preference options and exited messenger.  When I brought it back up, only the "Unknown" contact show up.  Does anyone know how to get rid of these?
02-23-2006 02:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hypedupmonkey

33 / Male / –
RE: Unknown Desktop Contacts
I had a few unknown contacts on my Messenger Plus! (I sent Mobile Contacts to desktop, do not try this. They will become unknown and unremovable). If your unknown contacts are like mine, I tried deleting them, but they still appear. I'm afraid the only solution I have and had to do was restore all my MsgPlus settings and start a fresh.

On the preference window of Messenger Plus, you shall have to click the Reset to Defaults button at the bottom of the window.
[Image: WLM8.png]
02-23-2006 02:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Unknown Desktop Contacts
quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
I'm afraid the only solution I have and had to do was restore all my MsgPlus settings and start a fresh.

Not 100% true. If you know your way around the registry if you close MSN Messenger and delete : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\%email%\Contacts\CtcDetach then when you reload MSN Messenger all desktop contacts will be gone.
02-23-2006 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: