What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » plugin to set status idle while online...

plugin to set status idle while online...
Author: Message:
chance

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. plugin to set status idle while online...
there was a plugin for this but it had too many features and it kinda sucked. anyone know of any others?
02-25-2006 12:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hypedupmonkey

33 / Male / –
RE: plugin to set status idle while online...
The only patch/plugin I know to show that people are Idle rather than Away is A-Patch (This can be used on MSN 7.5 or WLM 8.0).

Upon installation of the patch, just select the "Show away as Idle" feature. There is no need for the other options if not desired.
[Image: WLM8.png]
02-25-2006 12:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
A-Patch is not a plugin. It is a patch. :P So there must be a was to edit the hex to acheive this, If i knew it i would make a quick installer for you :) Or give you instructions.

What was this "plugin" you were talking about? :)
02-25-2006 01:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: plugin to set status idle while online...
quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
The only patch/plugin I know to show that people are Idle rather than Away is A-Patch (This can be used on MSN 7.5 or WLM 8.0).
That's not what he is asking for.

He asks for a plugin/addon which will set your status to idle while you're online... (not for a plugin to show the idle status of other people)

MessengerDiscoveryX has that "feature". But as chance said, that addon bulks over with many options and features and even sometimes doesn't work at all or conflicts with other stuff.

To manually set your status to "idle" (which will always be shown as "away" in unpatched Messengers), you need to alter/adapt the communication between the Messenger client and the Messenger servers, in other words you need to use the protocol. In other words, this can't be done by simply patching Messenger.

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
So there must be a way to edit the hex to acheive this, If i knew it i would make a quick installer for you
Search the forums, this is explained many times in detail before (long before A-patch even existed). But then again, as said, this is not what he is asking for.
- eg: "Matty's reply to Is it possible to tell the real status of the contact??"
- also see "difference between away and idle"
[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 02-25-2006 at 02:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-25-2006 02:08 PM
chance

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: plugin to set status idle while online...
yeah that's the one i was using. MessengerDiscoveryX.. the only way i know of forcing idle is locking the pc that takes you to your login. but that's just the opposite of what i want. too bad MessengerDiscoveryX only does it.
02-27-2006 09:06 PM
TheAngel

43 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
To manually set your status to "idle" (which will always be shown as "away" in unpatched Messengers), you need to alter/adapt the communication between the Messenger client and the Messenger servers, in other words you need to use the protocol. In other words, this can't be done by simply patching Messenger.

it can, but you lose one status.

the best to lose is the "on the phone"... so:

- Search in hexmode in msnmsgr.exe for PHN (case sensitive)
(next to it will be AWY and LUN)

- Replace the PHN for IDL

- save and exit

done, now when you select the "on the phone" on messenger you will became Idle (you have to have the messeger pached to see the diference for away and idle off course)

and if you want to became idle on menus also you will have to change the msgslang.dll and replace the "On the phone" for "Idle"

reminder and note: you will lose the ability for setting that Status (in this ex: on the phone) and if anyone at you list sets their status to (ex: on the phone) you will not see it, to you they appear like normal Online

thats the both downside of doing this

happy carnaval :o)
02-28-2006 01:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
chance

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: plugin to set status idle while online...
so there really is no other way to force your status to idle while online apart from MessengerDiscoveryX? also, when i really do go idle and come back and move the mouse, it puts me back online and i gotta set idle status again.

This post was edited on 03-26-2006 at 09:21 AM by chance.
03-26-2006 09:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: