What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » IPOD HELP!

IPOD HELP!
Author: Message:
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  IPOD HELP!
Hello,

I just bought an Apple IPod 30GB, which can play Video to...

Anyways comming to the point... I am having dificulty getting me songs (WMA 99%) into the ipod as well as me video songs (MPEG) and my pictures...

Can anyone tell me how to put all these into my ipod without using iTunes software??? I am used to 'Creative) in which you can simply copy/paste the songs you want to play into the drive on the mp3 player...

can anyone tell me step by step how to put songs/videos/pictures into the iPod???
03-04-2006 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: IPOD HELP!
The main software used for the iPod is iTunes. There are other applications like Anapod (not sure if it supports Videos/Photos or not.)

In iTunes right click the iPod (in the source list on the left) > iPod Options > In here you can select your options for your photos and you simply have to add the videos to the library. If your WMAs are DRM protected iTunes will not read these. You will have to find some software to remove the DRM protection.
03-04-2006 09:28 PM
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: IPOD HELP!
In "iPod Options >"  the Video option is disabled... why??? :(
03-04-2006 09:34 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Are you sure you bought an iPod Video and not an iPod photo? It may be because you don't have any videos in iTunes.
03-04-2006 09:38 PM
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
finallly got to know how to enable that, and yes it is iPod Video....

But it seems I still have not got to know iPod right...

All my pictures are in iPod now (some videos to) ...

now the thing is I enabled 'enabled disk usage' in both photos and audios and what I am getting is like its taking more than 1.20GB of space rather than 782MB which the pictures are taking in my computer,

what I want is... being able to drag and drop audio/video/pictures in to the iPord drive that is displayed in 'My Computer' is that possibale??? or am I stuck to to iTunes which I find rather uneasy to use...

I was using Creative before and I find doing that simple...

Duh... just saw... all my pictures from more than 40 folders are in one inside the iPod... whats the point when u cant organise things into folders in an iPod????

The files in the iPod are a complete mess!!! almost 2,000 pictures in one folder... can I copy/pate the folder I have in my computer into iPod and view it???

also the wma's (after im done converting them to mp3 :s) can I copy paste them into iPod???  (fingers crossed... becouse if it doesnt, thius shiny looking gadjet will end up int the deep space of my closets :(

And I got attracted to 'The worlds most popular' tag line :s

its seems it is creating two copies of every image 1 in "Full Resolution" folder and the other in "Thumbs" both heavy one space
03-04-2006 11:00 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by waqastariq
Anyways comming to the point... I am having dificulty getting me songs (WMA 99%) into the ipod as well as me video songs (MPEG) and my pictures...

just to let you know the ipod video will only play videos that are in the .mpeg4 format and mp3, and some other types for music. 
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
03-05-2006 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
You are stuck using iTunes to store the photos on because of how the software reads it. All images are loaded into one encrypted file.

Not sure about the videos haven't had any experiences with it yet.

Also the "Enable Disk Use" is actually quite misleading and the real purpose of it is undocumented by Apple and they use it in the wrong way in their troubleshooting documents.

The Enable Disk Use function does Enable Drag And Drop to the iPod SOLEY for iTunes. The true purpose of Enable Disk Use is to allow you to drag and drop files from within Windows Explorer to the iPod through iTunes. Thus you don't actually need to have the file in iTunes for it to be transfered to the iPod although it is recommeneded. Whether or not this option is checked does not limit your ability to be able to access the Drive on a device level through Windows Explorer nor does it put the iPod into Disk Mode or prevent writing to the Disk through Windows Explorer.

I hope this clarifies that feature a bit.

This post was edited on 03-05-2006 at 12:29 AM by matty.
03-05-2006 12:25 AM
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
Ok, now I have disabled disk use... (asuming it will remove the duplicates...

Can you please tell me the formats that iPod supports and where to get a converter for it

For Video/Audio where can I get an mpeg4 converter???
03-05-2006 03:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: