What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work again.

Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work again.
Author: Message:
Zantis

Ah ya

52 / Male / –
O.P. Happy  Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work again.
Ok here goes.

I've been along for the msgplus ride for a long, long time.  I currently have installed on my new laptop messenger v7.5.0322, had msgplus v3.62.146, and audiator 3.0.010.  Well a problem came about when one of my friends asked me if I had installed audiator lately on the latest version of messenger and plus.  My friends didn't want to upgrade to the latest versions if audiator didn't work.  So of course I was the guinea pig and audiator didn't work for whatever reason.  I have read peoples posts that seem to really get me laughing.  People post messages like you don't need audiator anymore and that msgplus has it built in.  Ok, I guess some people don't see the advantages of audiator that me and my friends have come accustomed to using.  The two main advantages that me and my friends would not like to give up is the following...

1)  Being able to send an image with a sound.  Like sending the coca-cola theme song with a coca-cola image.  Or a dinosaur roar with a dinasaur emoticon.  I could go on and on for this one.

2) Sounds can be longer than 10 seconds in length.  One main example is TV Theme songs like Dukes of Hazzard or Jeopardy. 

So last night I had to install msgplus v3.54.132 with audiator and messenger.  All seems to work except that if I don't have a particular sound installed on my machine that someone else has it crashes messenger but other than that it works fine.  I would hate to see us stuck in the dark ages with msgplus v3.54 so we can play our 500+ sound audiator collections. 

and yes I do understand the advantages of using the latest sound feature in msgplus. The fact that the other user doesn't need the sound is a plus.

Well there is my spill.  Patchou I've emailed you before about issues that have happened in the past but I thought I just post this first and see what response I get from this.

03-10-2006 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work again.
The responsibility of plugins working with newer versions of MSNM and Plus! lies with the plugin coder. Optimism in this case, i'll notify him of this thread.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-10-2006 05:33 PM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
RE: Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work aga
Hey,

Sunshine pointed me to this thread.

I stopped actively developing Audiator after version 3.0.010 or whatever it was, due to the new features in msgplus! 3.

I still have the source for it, and am willing to update small changes to keep the plugin working with newer versions of msgplus.

That said, i dont have the time to keep current on msgplus developments myself any more. If someone's willing to tell me what changed between msgplus 2 and 3, and what changes are required to make v2 plugins run under v3 I will add them.

optimism_

Edit:

Err, what exactly doesnt work? I just had a friend test it out and it loads ok under plus 3.6....

This post was edited on 03-10-2006 at 06:38 PM by optimism_.
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
03-10-2006 05:39 PM
Zantis

Ah ya

52 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work aga
I get no sound, but my friends can hear it on their end with the older version.  Let me try upgrading now.  Wish my luck again.  :|
03-12-2006 06:42 PM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
RE: Audiator issues with latest version of MsgPlus. had to reinstall 3.54 to work again.
The big question is: Do you still have issues if you run an older version of MsgPlus? That would determine whether it's an issue with the MsgPlus version or something unrelated.
03-12-2006 06:54 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: