What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline

Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline
Author: Message:
cawa

O.P. Tongue  Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline
Would it be possible to have a different notification popup colour for when a contact goes offline?

Something with a red tint.

I find I have to read the popup everytime when a contact comes online or goes offline, as the two notification popups are so similar. I know the icon is different, but with a quick glance it's hard to make a difference.

Something along these lines:

[Image: offline.jpg]

Thanks!

This post was edited on 03-10-2006 at 01:44 PM by cawa.
03-10-2006 01:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline
Yes, you can do that, but not via Messenger Plus! Instead Plus!, Messenger Discovery X can notify you when contact changes status, goes offline, opens window, deletes you and so on. MsgDiscovery has a slight different design of popup window, so you will straight away make difference. Unfortunately it doesn't support Windows Live Messenger yet.
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
03-10-2006 02:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline
The sign-in toasts share their colour with the conversation window opened to talk to the contact. For instance, all my convo windows are themed black, so the toasts are too. If I changed one window to red, the toast for that contact would also become red.
If Plus! could detect the colour used for each contact and apply that to it's toasts, that'd make me happy :D
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-10-2006 04:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Feature request: notification popup colour when contact goes offline
quote:
Originally posted by rix
Yes, you can do that, but not via Messenger Plus! Instead Plus!, Messenger Discovery X can notify you when contact changes status, goes offline, opens window, deletes you and so on. MsgDiscovery has a slight different design of popup window, so you will straight away make difference. Unfortunately it doesn't support Windows Live Messenger yet.

Of course you can do that with Messenger Plus!, just right click on a contact and select Notifications in the Messenger Plus! menu. As for the color, no it can't be changed right now but I may add it as an option in the next version.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-11-2006 06:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: