What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista 5270 running really badly

Vista 5270 running really badly
Author: Message:
pcguru

O.P. Vista 5270 running really badly
Hi, i recently got Vista 5270 and have installed on my computer. My computers hardware is:
Gigabyte GA-K8N SLI, AMD 64x2 (2.2ghz,) 768mb DDR 400 and a Leadtek WinFast PX6500 (nVidia GeForce 6500) PCI express 128mb graphic card.

Firstly Vista took over two hours to install and it runs really crappily. I have been told that this build is meant to be quite fast. I had to manually enable aero glass using a registry entry thing. It regually crashes and stops responding. It took over an hour to install my sound blaster audigy SE and just runs really badly. When I go into system properties it does not display my processor, instead I just get a load of garbage characters. When I click on rate my computer it takes about 5 minuits and then I get the message your computer is too busy to run this at the moment (or something like that, but nothing is running???.)

Why is it doing this? I have all the appropiate drivers installed (at least I think, the gigabyte install thing runs and then just stops responding, but I think I have installed everything I need to manually from the disk.)

Please please please help! :S
PC Guru

This post was edited on 03-11-2006 at 07:23 PM by pcguru.
03-11-2006 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: Vista 5270 running really badly
Hm, that isn't the latest build. 5308 is. A problem with builds older than 5308 are drivers. A lot of hardware doesn't work to well with those builds.

And: it's a beta! Beta's are there to get rid of bugs.
03-11-2006 07:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Vista 5270 running really badly
some hardware iit wont fully have compatibility right now..i did post a URL in another thread of what the Campat list is

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=56...d=615833#pid615833

This post was edited on 03-11-2006 at 10:54 PM by Hank.
03-11-2006 10:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: