What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Couple Of QandA For Patchou About Features

Couple Of QandA For Patchou About Features
Author: Message:
AaronG85

O.P. Couple Of QandA For Patchou About Features
Ok here it goes (Please note im beta testing windows live messenger OFFICIALLY and have invites so dont hesitate to ask me)

(WLM = Windows Live Messenger)
(MP = Messenger Plus)

1. the latest version of Messenger Plus doesnt work with the latest beta version of WLM. is there any chance you will release one

2. Now that WLM has the ability to rename contacts are you going to remove this feature from MP

3. Is there any news of either you or microsoft introducing a plugin for a chat room like Yahoos Chat because i think this is the only thing missing from WLM and MP

4. Do you know if the new WLM has tabbed chatting if so how do i turn it on and is this feature going to be removed from MP

5. A great feature i would like to see MP implment is that if i start talking to someone and there using an older version of MP and WLM that before i start wrighting a quick text comes up telling them about the new version that way everyones upto date and you can use WLM and MP to there full power cause alot of people out there dont check for updates

Well thats for now so peace out. Please dont email me for an invite please just respond in this post thanks
03-15-2006 08:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
RE: Couple Of QandA For Patchou About Features
quote:
1. the latest version of Messenger Plus doesnt work with the latest beta version of WLM. is there any chance you will release one
Patchou is currently working on Messenger Plus! Live, to be compatible with the new Windows Live Messenger.
quote:
3. Is there any news of either you or microsoft introducing a plugin for a chat room like Yahoos Chat because i think this is the only thing missing from WLM and MP
Personally, I am pretty sure Patchou wouldnt add this feature, however it may be able to be added as a tab taking you to an html chat page.
quote:
4. Do you know if the new WLM has tabbed chatting if so how do i turn it on and is this feature going to be removed from MP
So far the most recent WLM build does not have built in tabbed chatting. I don't think this feature will be built into WLM.
quote:
5. A great feature i would like to see MP implment is that if i start talking to someone and there using an older version of MP and WLM that before i start wrighting a quick text comes up telling them about the new version that way everyones upto date and you can use WLM and MP to there full power cause alot of people out there dont check for updates
Messenger Plus! by default will periodically check for updates and prompt you to update to the current version.
MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger both periodically check for updates on their own by default as well.
----

You probably will now ask when is Messenger Plus! Live released? It will be shortly after the release of Windows Live Messenger, when it finishes beta.
[Image: name4ld.png]
03-15-2006 08:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
here the answer to some of your questions:
1. yes there is a new version called msg plus! live, its currently in the PRIVATE testing stages, and before you ask, all the tester have been chosen already
2. & 3. i can't answer
4. no WLM does not have tabbed chats, that is still on microsofts todo list
5.that would be pretty annoying, imo, seeing as not everyone wants to or even can update, since WLM is only for windows XP
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6653 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes, 32 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-15-2006 08:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
1. YES
2. Not sure... (I think it should stay and include "attach original name". AND use WLMs custom names to organise the list)
3. NO
4. No it doesn't
5. May happen...

Edit: Beaten :p

This post was edited on 03-15-2006 at 08:48 AM by zach.
03-15-2006 08:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AaronG85
A new version, named Messenger Plus! Live, is in the making. It is currently being beta tested (since a few days), so it will be some time until there is a public release though.

There is no release date known. But, it will be released after Windows Live Messenger becomes officially public and when Messenger Plus! Live is finished.

quote:
2. Now that WLM has the ability to rename contacts are you going to remove this feature from MP
I'm not sure about this but as far as I'm concearned I hope not as the Plus! custom names work differently (it has more possebilities, think about the use of the (!N) and (!M) tags in custom names). But maybe this will be integrated in the WLM custom names by Plus!, dunno... So don't take my word on it, only time will tell.

quote:
Microsoft has made plans with Yahoo to make their services compatible so you can talk from an .NET passport account to a Yahoo account and vice versa. When this will happen is not known, but the plans do exist and it is the road that Microsoft will follow in the futur.

This will not be integrated in Plus! though.

quote:
Windows Live Messenger does not have tabbed chatting. Though this is a feature on the long list of things they plan to do eventually.

In the mean time, tabbed chatting in Plus! Live will not be removed and will still be there.

quote:
In short: this is privacy invasion.

To automatically see what version the other one is using has been discussed a lot in the past (search forums). The only thing you can do (for Plus!) is using the /ping command. The other user will see this too (part of why this command isn't a privacy invasion).

For Windows Live Messenger such a command or option or feature doesn't exist and can also not be implemented by Plus! as there is no way (at least not a full proof clean way) to determine what the contact is using (besides that privacy invasion thingie).

-

Plus! Live will be downwards compatible with Plus! 3.6x anyways. Also there will an update of Plus! 3.6x (for those who don't use Windows Live Messenger) which will be made compatible with the stuff in Messenger Plus! Live.

As for Windows Live Messenger itself: almost all the stuff is again downwards compatible with MSN Messenger 7.5.

So there is also actually no need for such checks in context of being able to use some stuff (like custom names, colors in names, winks, sounds, even shared folders, etc...). It would simply be interesting to know what the contact is using, but you can always simply ask your contact in that case...

This post was edited on 03-15-2006 at 09:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-15-2006 08:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: