What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug with more than 7char smileys shorcut

Bug with more than 7char smileys shorcut
Author: Message:
Tronics

– / Male / –
O.P. Bug with more than 7char smileys shorcut
Hi everyBody, i have some problem to speak english, so i write 2 version of this message, 1 in english, and 1 in french (french is in italic).

Hey, i've create a software (MSNdecrypter), and i can modify smiley shorcut. MSN limite shorcut size to 7 characters, but with my software i can write more than 7char smiley shorcut. Shorcuts work with no problem with MSN, i can write the shorcut and MSN display the picture, i can show the smiley list and add the smiley, no problem ... But when i try to use MSG+ to show my smiley, there are a bug, MSG+ display the first 7 shorcut char, then the name of the smiley !

Bonjour, j'ai créé un logiciel (MSNdecrypter) qui me permet de modifier les raccourcit des smileys. MSN limite la taille des raccourcit a 7 caractères, mais avec mon logiciel je peux mettre des raccourcit de plus de 7 caractères. Les raccourcits fonctionne très bien sur MSN, je peut écrire le raccourcit et MSN affiche l'image, je peut selectionner le smiley dans la liste et l'ajouter et tout marche bien... Mais quand j'essaye d'utiliser MSG+ pour afficher mon smiley, il y a un bug, MSG+ affiche les 7 premier caractere du raccourcit, puis le nom du smiley.

To understand the probleme, i create 2 snapshots with an example (a 9char smiley shorcut):
First with the smileys details under my software:

Pour mieux comprendre le problème, j'ai créé 2 capture avec un exemple (un raccourcit smiley de 9 caracteres):
La premiere avec les details du smiley sur mon logiciel:

[Image: image29zf.png]

The second once to show the bug with MSN, the first line i insert the smiley with MSG+ (i enter the char "(", then MSG+ show a table with my smileys, i click on the smiley in the list). On the second line i insert my smiley with MSN (i click on the smiley icon, then i double-click on my smiley). No problem with MSN, but with MSG+ ...

La deuxième affiche le bug sous MSN, la premiere ligne j'ai ajouter le smiley avec MSG+ (j'ai tapé le caractère "(", puis MSG+ a affiché le tableau avec mes smiley, j'ai cliqué sur le smiley dans la liste). Sur la deuxième ligne j'ai inséré mon smiley avec MSN (j'ai cliqué sur l'icone des smiley, puis j'ai double-cliqué sur mon smiley). Aucun problème avec MSN, mais avec MSG+ ...

[Image: image32my.png]

I hope you understand the problem, i know it's not i big bug, but it was really cool if you can solve the bug :D

J'espere que vous avez compris le problème, je sais que ce n'est pas un gros bug, mais ca serait vraiment cool que vous puissiez resoudre le bug :D

Tronics
03-16-2006 12:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug with more than 7char smileys shorcut
It's probably to do with Plus! assuming that emoticon codes are 7 chars or less. Since your program allows invalidation of this assumption, Plus! 'misbehaves' as described.

Basically, it's the way things are. Maybe the next version will take your program into account ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-17-2006 06:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tronics

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug with more than 7char smileys shorcut
I hope the next version will solve the problem. Thank for your answer. Wait and see ^^
03-19-2006 10:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: