What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Virus?

Virus?
Author: Message:
Megan

O.P. Virus?
Okay, here's the deal. I've got a friend who can talk to people on MSN, but the majority (most) people who he IMs and try to IM him back get 'The following message could not be sent to all users'. Now, before anyone asks any questions, the excuse he has for not posting this himself is because he's just frustrated right now.

Anyway, the point is, this has happened to him before, but it's always been him who couldn't talk. This isn't just one person that can't IM him. It's like. . . Everyone he tries to talk to, and only restarting MSN works, and even then, it only works for a short while, and then the message comes up again. Mine and his question is; Has this happened to anyone else, where everyone you try to talk to can't IM you and gets that message, and possibly know how to fix it?

Anything is appreciated. Thanks. :)
03-18-2006 02:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Virus?
1. You posted this in the wrong section and I reported it to be moved
2. Welcome to the forums
3. This is most probably just an MSN Messenger Server problem. Everything should be fine within a few hours. Most people here have had this problem in the past. This is just the server not recieving/sending data properly.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-18-2006 03:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
has he tryed reinstalling MSN, that might work?
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6652 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes, 47 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-18-2006 03:04 AM
Megan

O.P. RE: Virus?
We've tried that, NiteMare. Both of us have installed and uninstalled, actually. No good. It works for awhile, but then it starts up again. And, as lou said, it didn't end in a few hours. It's still doing it today, and this was last night.

And I'm sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, lou. It seemed like the right forum, and I was so worried about MSN freaking out that I didn't really look at what I was posting in. ^_^

This post was edited on 03-18-2006 at 11:56 PM by Megan.
03-18-2006 11:55 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
have you tryed a clean install, by uninstalling MSN, deleting the folder then reinstalling?

also, do you have any add ons, or patches applyed, such as pessenger plus!, or the a-patch?
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6652 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes, 47 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-19-2006 12:16 AM
Megan

O.P. RE: Virus?
We both had MSN plus installed, and we both also got rid of it, but that hasn't helped anything. It's still doing it. And I've noticed something; It starts up when the conversation gets idle, and only then, although sometimes, when the conversation's been idle, it doesn't do anything. And when he says something after I've nudged him (nudges and winks work but actual IMs don't) to let him know it isn't working, it starts working again.

We don't know what to do. . . It's really starting to tick us off, and even if it's just a bug or whatever, it's a really annoying bug. :P
03-19-2006 04:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: