What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » [Window.Pref.ConvosMain] -> HlpChkAutoOverrideFormat

[Window.Pref.ConvosMain] -> HlpChkAutoOverrideFormat
Author: Message:
r_k

39 / Male / –
O.P. [Window.Pref.ConvosMain] -> HlpChkAutoOverrideFormat
I was trying to tranlsate this section, but I didn't completely understand it. Actually the issue is not with the translation itself (except that there's a "Thie" in the beginning of the senctence instead of "The"), but with understanding its functionality.

"Thie feature will change the face and color of the font used by your contacts when they send you a message.\nThe font will be changed only if it does not match your own font parameters (not including color)."

Can you explain to me, when exactly does the font change then? Which parameters are ment by that? When one of my contacts sent me a message, the text was formatted as I had chosen previously (color, size), except the font itself wasn't correct - it was neither contact's nor the one I had chosen.

And there's a little bug:
using special characters (like Õ, õ, Ä, ä, Ö, ö, Ü, ü) resets font's size and style from first special char's appearance to the end of the message.
04-04-2006 01:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Window.Pref.ConvosMain] -> HlpChkAutoOverrideFormat
What is going to happen is the font color and style of your contacts font will be changed if its not the same as yours. Some people have lime green text and use wingdings for example. If you use black verdana it would be changed to black verdana.
04-04-2006 01:43 PM
r_k

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Window.Pref.ConvosMain] -> HlpChkAutoOverrideFormat
Now I get it! But still there's something to discuss about.

Ok, let's say that...
... I have set my own font style to black Verdana, size 10pt.
... I have set this Messenger Plus! Override Format to something unusual like Myriad Apple font (under Windows, TTF), color: red, size: 16pt.
... my contact has lime green Wingdings.

When he/she contacts me, I see red, custom sized text (16pt in our case), but it's not Myriad Apple - rather MS Sans or Tahoma or Arial or something very similar to these fonts. I tryed the same thing with other fonts, some were displayed just fine! And I checked Messenger Plus! chat logs - no problems there, everything's in order.

Same thing with foreign chars: after first appearance of any of them, formatting is reset on screen, but no problems in log files.
04-04-2006 04:08 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
By setting in the Preferences the font to use when overridding should be what is set. If nothing is set there then the contact will get the same font style as you
04-04-2006 06:15 PM
r_k

39 / Male / –
I think it's better to move this thread to Bug Reports section.
There still are two problems, as I described already:

1) Not all the fonts I choose for Messenger Plus! Override Format will be displayed correctly. Some of them are automatically replaced.
2) Problem with foreign characters like Õ, õ, Ä, ä, Ö, ö, Ü, ü.

(Read my previous posts in this thread.)
04-04-2006 06:53 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Can you tell me exactly what to do to reproduce your problem with foreign characters? please give me as much details as possible so that I can fix the bug.

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-04-2006 07:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
r_k

39 / Male / –
First, try to use different fonts for Plus! Override Format. As I said, I used Apple's Myriad font. In Messenger chat window it was displayed as Sans Serif, but in the log files it was Myriad Apple. I also used "Wingdings", "Terminal", "Symbol" etc and they all had the same effect or defect. (This part wasn't about foreign chars yet, but you should test it as well)

Copy this sentence:
"Ma proovin saata teadet, aga näe, see ei tööta korralikult." (Means "I'm trying to send a message, but look, it ain't working right.") There are 3 different foreign characters used (ü, ä, ö).
Now tell some contact to send it to you. What happens? Effect should be something like "Ma proovin saata teadet, aga näe, see ei tööta korralikult."

Just in case, you can't see correct characters here, use Western (ISO-8859-1) character encoding.

This post was edited on 04-04-2006 at 09:19 PM by r_k.
04-04-2006 09:12 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: