What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » External DVD Writer and Roxio compatibility

External DVD Writer and Roxio compatibility
Author: Message:
scifiswain

– / Female / –
O.P. External DVD Writer and Roxio compatibility
Hello.  I have a Lite-On external DVD writer drive, which at the moment works only with the version of Nero writing software which came with the drive itself.  However I really like Roxio's Easy CD DVD Creater, but the version I have (version 6) doesnt seem to be able to record onto the drive.  It can see the drive and everything but when you press record it comes up with an error about a parameter being incorrect.  Does anyone know if I can solve this problem, or does anyone know if versions 7 and above could sort it out for me?  Thanks very much.
04-04-2006 02:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: External DVD Writer and Roxio compatibility
   1.  Run Roxio assistant .

2. Update Easy CD and DVD Creator as described above.

3. Support for Newer Recorders: Your CD or DVD drive may be newer than the drives Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 already supports. You can add support for newer drives by using the Roxio Updater. You may also check our online database for supported drives at: http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives

4. Is Drag-to-Disc Interfering: You may not be able to use your burner (CD/DVD recorder), or the burner may not be recognized if it is already being used by another Easy CD & DVD Creator application (for example, Drag-to-Disc).

Drag-to-Disc uses formatted discs, Easy CD & DVD Creator's: Creator Classic, AudioCentral, Disc Copier, PhotoSuite, and DVD Builder all need blank unformatted discs. Remove the formatted disc and replace it with a blank, unformatted disc.

Here are some behaviors that indicate the disc in the burner is a formatted disc:

* Disc Copier will say "Reserved by Roxio Drag-to-Disc Kernel
    * AudioCentral will say "The device . . . Has been reserved by another application..."
    * PhotoSuite will not allow you to select "Record" when making a VCD
    * DVD Builder will only allow you to "Save Project as Image File on Hard Disk"
04-07-2006 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: