What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger 4.7 is required to install Messenger Plus error

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger 4.7 is required to install Messenger Plus error
Author: Message:
Satsumomo

O.P. Messenger 4.7 is required to install Messenger Plus error
Hello there,
I was trying to get msgplus to run on my messenger 7.5, but it would simply not run, then I found out that I had XP's marvelous error in which 4.7 is installed along any newer version. And yes, msgplus did run effectively under 4.7. So I uninstalled 4.7 only to find that msgplus still did not run on my msn 7.5

I unistalled everything, and reinstalled msn 7.5, but now that I try to install msgplus I get an error message that tells me that I need at least MSN 4.6 to be able to install it, even though I have 7.5 running.

I resintalled 4.6 to see if it would auto-update itself but nope, it doesn't. I still can't install msgplus because of this.

Any suggestions?
04-16-2006 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 4.7 is required to install Messenger Plus error
You need to have Windows Messenger installed before you can install Messenger Plus!. You can download Windows Messenger 5.1 here.

Also we have a search feature where this has been answered numerous amounts of times. When you remove Windows Messenger from the computer you are also removing its API which Plus! uses (only difference is Plus! gets the API from inside the process of MSN Messenger so it would work with Windows XP.

This post was edited on 04-16-2006 at 11:42 PM by matty.
04-16-2006 11:41 PM
Satsumomo

O.P. RE: Messenger 4.7 is required to install Messenger Plus error
I installed messenger.msi and the msgplus setup will still not startup.
04-18-2006 06:34 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
If you want to be a bit patient you could probably get Windows Live Messenger and wait a little while until Messenger Plus Live! is released...otherwise uninstall both MSN 7.5 and WL 5.1 completely including deleting any left over files and then trying to do the process again :)

Could you possibly also have Messenger Plus installed from a time you have used in the past?? :) Or has messenger plus ever worked in the past for you? :) annnndddd is the a error message that appears when you start the Messenger Plus Installation?

This post was edited on 04-18-2006 at 06:46 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-18-2006 06:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Satsumomo

Hello there, well this is the first time I've installed MSG Plus on this computer and it has all failed. This computer is running WinXP SP2 and in spanish, but I don't think that should affect the installation should it? (I use MSN in english and Plus! as well.)

When I double click the installation it just tells me I need to have Messenger 4.6 installed. So I unistalled ANY messenger on the system, then added MSN 4.6 and when I installed Plus! it would just end up telling me that it wasn't able to hook properly. Then I would install 7.5 and I would still get the same message of not being able to hook properly. Then I would try to reinstall Plus! just to get the error message telling me that I need 4.6 to be able to install Plus!.
What gives?

This post was edited on 06-23-2006 at 11:09 PM by Satsumomo.
06-23-2006 11:07 PM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
Do you have BOTH Windows Messenger 4.6+ and MSN Messenger 7.5 installed on your computer?

The 4.6 version and the MSN Messenger you are referring too are completely different programs.  You need BOTH of them installed.
06-24-2006 06:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Hello satsumomo, download windows live messenger and then wait for the Plus Live release later on today :D
...there used to be a signature here :)
06-24-2006 07:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Satsumomo

Yes, I have BOTH of them installed and it still tells me to install MSN 4.6.
I'm not fond of MSN Live yet... And this computer is pretty slow already with 7.5, I just can't imagine how Live will run.
06-24-2006 11:20 PM
Jordan Pardy

King of da interweb

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Satsumomo
Yes, I have BOTH of them installed and it still tells me to install MSN 4.6.
I'm not fond of MSN Live yet... And this computer is pretty slow already with 7.5, I just can't imagine how Live will run.
Live doesn't seem to slow down my computer anymore than 7.5 used to. What are your computer specifications
06-24-2006 11:21 PM
Satsumomo

I know that when I'm using my own computer, there are no real changes in performance but this computer will surely be affected. Live is 70+ mb already, that's gotta mean something. And well it has all these useless features that MS just wants to shove up my face.

I'm asking for a solution to my current problem and not a workaround such as using Live, it would be like telling me to go use AIM because I couldn't get my MSN to work.
06-26-2006 05:54 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: