What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Need Info About TV Chips

Need Info About TV Chips
Author: Message:
B3N_H4M1D

SKRIBUL

O.P. Need Info About TV Chips
Ok so I want to get TV on my PC... I need a TV chip right?? Please can you guys recomend me some - i dont know much about this topic...

Edit: and also how does it get into your pc?? do you have to get someone to fit it for you?? or is there a downloadable version??

thanks

This post was edited on 04-19-2006 at 11:51 AM by B3N_H4M1D.
I know that I have been a bad member in the past... please... Im so sorry... I am making a fresh start and I hope you will allow this to happen... 
04-19-2006 11:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Need Info About TV Chips
isn't a TV to PC converter the same thing?... if so... then have a look at these... I don't think they'd deliver to your area... but the desciptions might help you get a better idea of which ones are decent. http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/TV-to-PC-conv...00155206/19730.htm
04-19-2006 11:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Need Info About TV Chips
There are different ways to get TV to your computer. One way is a USB-thingie which recives only digital signals usually, while there are cards can recive analog signals (I got one). The cards need to be fitted in the computer, it's not hard and mpst people can do it themselves. You also need a software. For the card version you also need a antenna, while the usb digital recivers usually don't need one.

EDIT: groessl35, I think those only capture signals from a TV, not display TV on the computer itself.

EDIT2: I use a Hauppauge PCI card.

This post was edited on 04-19-2006 at 01:32 PM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
04-19-2006 01:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: