What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » disable right click on website?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
disable right click on website?
Author: Message:
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
RE: disable right click on website?
No, it is in no way at all possible to hide the CSS from the user.  If the browser have to reach it, the user will be able as well.  These things are client sided, and thus all information send by the server can be used by the browser.

Another reason is that the feature you are asking for is not standardized javascript, and is only supported by Microsoft's Internet Explorer browsers.  Users using other browsers will not at all feel the affect, in fact, extentions in Mozilla's Firefox enables the user to actually get the CSS by clicking a button.

So no, you cannot hide the CSS, and why would you?  Does he steal it?  Who cares?  He is probably a noob and knows nothing.

Besides and for the record, CSS, HTML, PHP and MySQL are no where similar to each other, they are four completely different things.  Although they are normally used together to form websites (such as this), but one of them does not require the other (although CSS would look stupid without HTML, and PHP works best when outputting HTML (but can be used for other stuff as well)).
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
04-18-2006 02:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: disable right click on website?
quote:
Originally posted by Svip
Besides and for the record, CSS, HTML, PHP and MySQL are no where similar to each other, they are four completely different things.

i know that, i never mentioned the other's. i use XHTML and CSS with some Javascript. thoguh i'd like to learn  PHP soon. i know they arent the same and they are verydifferent.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
04-18-2006 02:34 PM
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
Originally posted by Svip
Besides and for the record, CSS, HTML, PHP and MySQL are no where similar to each other, they are four completely different things.

i know that, i never mentioned the other's. i use XHTML and CSS with some Javascript. thoguh i'd like to learn  PHP soon. i know they arent the same and they are verydifferent.

My point was mainly that, you may compare C and Python, as they are both programming languages, but you cannot compare a programming language with a markup language.

But again, I am sorry to disappoint you, there really is no way to "disallow" your friend from stealing your source.
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
04-18-2006 03:18 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: disable right click on website?
ok, never mind them. i jsut wont send him a link but a print screen instead :refuck:
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
04-18-2006 04:41 PM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
ok, never mind them. i jsut wont send him a link but a print screen instead :refuck:

(h5)
[Image: top.gif]
04-18-2006 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: