What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » feat. request tabs-expension

feat. request tabs-expension
Author: Message:
funkwurm

38 / Male / –
O.P. feat. request tabs-expension
I love tabs!

I browse tabbed, I webdev tabbed, and now I chat tabbed (thank you patchou).

But I was wondering whether this tab-function could be expented, in a way that the contact-list also becomes a tab.

And even more fancy, could MSN Messenger en Windows Messenger share the same tab-bar? I frequently use both since I have a public and a more private contactlist.

So the Messenger window of my dreams would ultimately have a tabs-bar like this:

[MSNM contactlist           ][WM contactlist             ][Conversation (either MSNM or WM)     ][Conversation               ][etc.                         ]

It just seems to make more sense to have every running application appear only once in you Windows start-bar and have the applications itself manage their multiple windows/instances through their own tabs-bar.
04-23-2006 02:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: feat. request tabs-expension
This has been posted before, and somebody actually made a plugin for MSN Messenger, but unfortunately it was very buggy and discontinued. The fact that he made the plugin basically proves that it is possible to create such a thing, but as for it being a feature of Messenger Plus!, I'm honestly not sure. Seeing as Messenger Plus! Live has it's own polygamy feature, i'd say the only issues would be finding a nice looking user interface and actually having the time to code such a thing from scratch.

(y) Always a great idea though.
04-23-2006 09:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: feat. request tabs-expension
i vote for it lol

in stead of the stupid advertising tabs on WLM (which i have took of)

can change them to messenger plus live tbas for convo's are something :O:O lol

that be awsome lol
04-24-2006 08:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: