What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Microsoft WGA Becomes Nagware

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Microsoft WGA Becomes Nagware
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Microsoft WGA Becomes Nagware
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Rafael's bypass wasn't bypassed (unless you're talking about a long time ago, when it was quickly re-released properly).

Recently, Microsoft has gotten Rafael to take it down. He's closed his anti-tgtsoft blog as well, but he's using extended64 again.
Yeah i noticed he closed down anti-tgtsoft.
Ill check out extended64 (didnt know he moved there :P)

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I believe that this will be cracked in less than five days...
I think its already been cracked ..... I saw something ....
* John Anderton shuts up now .....
I dont want to try installing cause i dont want to get it start nagging me about my serial no having expired cause i have used it more than 4 times .... is it my fault their crap shit peice crashes and i have to format and reinstall ¬¬
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-26-2006 08:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I dont want to try installing cause i dont want to get it start nagging me about my serial no having expired cause i have used it more than 4 times .... is it my fault their crap shit peice crashes and i have to format and reinstall ¬¬
Virtual Machine? :P
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
04-26-2006 08:37 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Virtual Machine? :P
cba tbh :P
Id rather wait for a tested and assured one tbh :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
04-26-2006 08:46 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Meh. That tool is annoying as hell, first time i used it Norton blocked it and crashed the computer.. I have a genuine copy of windows but if i reformat once more then it will think i dont >.<
04-26-2006 09:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Microsoft WGA Becomes Nagware
Yeah it is annoying, now because of this I'm afraid to update my pc don't want this stupid nagware.  I have a msdn version of windows xp with sp2 corporate. Hope mmicrosoft changes there mind.
04-26-2006 01:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
Yeah it is annoying, now because of this I'm afraid to update my pc don't want this stupid nagware.  I have a msdn version of windows xp with sp2 corporate. Hope mmicrosoft changes there mind.
Microsoft sucks for adding the nagware ... updating right now to check .... nag me bitch i dont care .... im getting a new pc soon so nag away :refuck:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
04-26-2006 03:38 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I have a genuine copy of windows but if i reformat once more then it will think i dont >.<
What gave you that idea?  Your Windows doesn't become any less genuine because you reformat.

Here's how it works for retail XP product keys: if you exceed a certain number (I forget how many, but it is more than one) of activations within the last 6 months, you won't be able to activate online.  It does not mean you won't be able to activate, just that you will have to do it by phone.  Only 6 months of activation history are counted, so even if you have exceeded the limit before and had to call, you may be able to activate online the next time if it's been a while.

Activating by phone might be slightly annoying, but it is fast, easy, and they won't give you any hassle.  They don't usually even ask for your name.  Phone activation is not meant to terrorize legitimate Windows owners or even someone putting their copy on two computers -- it is meant to discover shops that sell computers with bootleg Windows to unwitting users.

OEM product keys (those found on the stickers on the side of your computer) now always have to be activated by phone.  The idea there is most people should have a "restore" disc or partition, which restores the original, preactivated OEM image.  However, you can install the usual way using your OEM key and activate it by phone.  Once again, they won't give you any hassle.

Finally, as long as your hardware doesn't change and you use the same product key, it only takes backing up two small files to restore your activation after a format.

The bottom line: if your computer is custom built and you never bought Windows XP (but are using it anyway), then yes -- you are exactly the guy WGA is supposed to annoy.  On the other hand, if you have a legitimate license, there is no problem with having to format often, etc. -- you just have to do it right.

This post was edited on 04-26-2006 at 03:49 PM by Adeptus.
04-26-2006 03:40 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Microsoft WGA Becomes Nagware

quote:
I believe that this will be cracked in less than five days...
I think its already been cracked ..... I saw something ....
* John Anderton shuts up now .....

*snicker*.. yeah 5 days was a way too conservative estimate.
04-26-2006 03:43 PM
Max

34 / Male / –
An old pupil of my school (he left last year) was caught using the schools product keys. The school kicked him out promptly. :P
04-26-2006 06:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Max
An old pupil of my school (he left last year) was caught using the schools product keys. The school kicked him out promptly. :P
my schoools dont work:(

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Finally, as long as your hardware doesn't change and you use the same product key, it only takes backing up two small files to restore your activation after a format.

so can i take these from legit windows and place on custom built windows? lol

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-26-2006 07:30 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: