What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I got hacked! My MSN!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
I got hacked! My MSN!
Author: Message:
GioSoul

– / Male / Flag
RE: I got hacked! My MSN!
If you have an alternative e-mail address signed on Options of your Hotmail account, you would recover your password using it...

Try to access in your e-mail account by hotmail site, and follow the instructions...

:)
04-28-2006 11:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
XVNTF

O.P. RE: I got hacked! My MSN!
I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MICROSOFT.bBUT IT WONT HELP ME..I DONT HAVE AN ALTERNATE EMAIL ADRESS

This response was generated based on the options you selected on the support Web form. Â If this response does not resolve the problem
you are experiencing, please reply to this message.

You can reset a forgotten password by requesting the Microsoft Passport Network to send a password reset e-mail to your alternate e-mail
address (An e-mail address that is different from your primary Hotmail or MSN e-mail address). Â You must have provided your alternate e-mail
address in your Passport profile prior to forgetting your password. Â You cannot specify which alternate address to send to during this process.

1. Click Sign In at a site or service that displays the Passport Network Sign-In logo, such as the Microsoft Passport Network home page at: https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf Â
2. Type your e-mail address, if it is not entered automatically. Â
3. In the sign-in box, click Forgot your password? Â
4. Enter the characters shown in the picture, and then click Continue. Â
         Note: If you are not able to read the characters in the picture, you may click on the speaker icon to hear the audio version of the HIP challenge.
                   You may also click the refresh button (two blue arrows circling each other) to load a new picture.
                   Make sure to type the number of characters the sentence below the picture tells you are in the picture.
5. On the Reset your password page, click Send yourself a password reset e-mail message. Â (If you only have the option to reset your password via
e-mail you will not see this page).
6. On the Reset your password by e-mail page, click Send Message, and then click Done.
         Note: You may also see the option "Send an e-mail to my alternate e-mail address"  If you see this option, select it and then click "Send Message".

Note: -The password reset e-mail message will contain instructions and a link to the Account Services home page to help you reset your password.
Follow the instructions in the e-mail to complete the password reset process.

If the information in this response did not resolve your issue, do not hesitate to write back to us for further support.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Passport Network Technical Support
04-28-2006 11:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by XVNTF

If the information in this response did not resolve your issue, do not hesitate to write back to us for further support.
so contact them again
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6667 days, 7 hours, 13 minutes, 42 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
04-29-2006 03:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
problem with there Support or a lack of  it is that its all done by Bots. so at the end of the day you get a reply back that doesnt work

This post was edited on 04-29-2006 at 03:59 AM by Hank.
04-29-2006 03:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
See here-
http://www.askmarvin.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=5292
04-29-2006 05:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
That;s why i always mention to select Other for the option , dont specify, because if you specify an automated message will be sent.

For now you can reply, explaining that you dont have an alternate email, neither you can ;t remember ur secret answer, and ask them to investigate using the info i have told you.

dont worry about the period of respond, usually in the best cases you have to wait 24 hours:)

regards
04-29-2006 11:19 AM
XVNTF

I tried it, but it doesnt work, Step 2 keep repeating..

Hello Xuan-Vinh,

Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support.  My name is Clemen and I will be assisting you with this issue. First, I would like to apologize for the delay in response to you. We have received an unusually high number of e-mails in the past few days, making it difficult to respond as quickly as we would like.

According to your email, you think you were hacked and you would like for us to give you your password. The error you receive

The following conditions may apply:
- The cached Microsoft Passport Network credentials may be incorrect.
- Your Passport Network account may have expired.
- Your password may be incorrect.
- Your Passport Network account may be blocked because you tried to sign in too many times.

Please try the following steps in the order they appear to help resolve this issue.

1. Verify your Passport Network sign-in credentials:
a. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit http://accountservices.msn.com.
b. Click "Sign In." Note that if you are already signed in to the Microsoft Passport Network you will not be prompted to sign in again.
c. Type the user name and password that you are using to sign in to Messenger, and then click "OK."
d. If you are successfully signed in, you will see a "Sign Out" button. Go to step four. If you are not successfully signed in, go to step two.

2. If you receive the following error message, your password may be incorrect or your account may have expired:
"The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so."

Note: If you have not used your Hotmail or MSN e-mail address for a long time, your account may be deactivated. To register for a new Hotmail account, visit the following Web site: http://hotmail.com/cgi-bin/register

If the user name for the Passport Network profile that you use with MSN Messenger does not have "MSN" or "Hotmail" after the "@" sign and you have not used the account for more than 365 days, the account may be unavailable. If this problem occurs, visit http://www.passport.net to register for a new Passport Network profile. Click "Sign In," and then follow the steps in the wizard to sign up for a Passport Network profile.

3. Reset your password:
a. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit http://accountservices.msn.com.
b. Click "Sign In." Note that if you are already signed in to the Microsoft Passport Network you will not be prompted to sign in again.
c. On the MSN Account Services home page, click "Credentials."
d. Click "Change Password," type the old password, type the new password, and then click "Continue" to save changes. You may be prompted to type a Secret question and answer if you have not already done so. Click "Continue" to update this setting.

4. If you are successfully signed into the Passport Network, proceed to next step. If you continue to have trouble using this account to sign into the Passport Network there could be an issue with your Passport account, please contact Microsoft Passport for assistance at http://support.msn.com. Choose Microsoft Passport Network on the page to submit the support request.

5. Use the correct user ID and password to sign in to Messenger. If Messenger is trying to automatically connect without prompting you to enter your password, you may have saved the incorrect password for automatic log on. To associate the correct sign-in credentials, follow the steps that are appropriate for your version of Messenger.

Messenger 7.5
a. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, clear the "Remember my password" check box to make the "Password" box available.
b. Type your password in the "Password" box.
c. Select the "Remember my password" check box to store the updated password.
d. Select "Sign me in automatically" to turn on automatic sign-in.

6. If Messenger is not set to automatically sign in, use your e-mail address and new password to sign in to Messenger:

Messenger 7.5
a. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, clear the "Remember my password" check box to make the "Password" box available.
b. Type your password in the "Password" box.
c. Select "Remember my password" to save the updated password.
d. Click "Sign-in" to save your changes.

7. If you are using MSN Messenger 7.5, try these additional steps:
a. Delete any old files that may be causing a conflict: Click "Start," click "Run," type "cmd," and then click "OK" to open a Command Prompt window.
b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after you type each command line:

cd %allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in this folder, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Press Y to confirm. Otherwise, ignore this information.

cd %appdata%\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in this folder, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Press Y to confirm. Otherwise, ignore this information.

Xuan-Vinh, I am hopeful that the issue is now resolved. Thanks again for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support. Every customer is valuable to us, and we regret you have experienced difficulties.

Best Regards,

04-29-2006 08:06 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
Please make sure to what message they are replying as you said you have contacted them with more than 1 message, and this wont doesn't at all implise to reply of passport support for a lost password especially using the message i have menitoned.

regards
04-29-2006 08:23 PM
XVNTF

OKAY THANK YOU EVERYONE! (zacher! big big thank you). I sent an email to Microsoft yesterday, and they responded to me..today! ..they gave me a RESET PASSWROD LINK...and its all good right now!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u want to add me..plz add me on Xuan_Fire@hotmail.com

And ill give u my real email.
04-30-2006 05:47 PM
Dudeboy

RE: RE: I got hacked! My MSN!
quote:
Originally posted by XVNTF
OKAY THANK YOU EVERYONE! (zacher! big big thank you). I sent an email to Microsoft yesterday, and they responded to me..today! ..they gave me a RESET PASSWROD LINK...and its all good right now!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u want to add me..plz add me on Xuan_Fire@hotmail.com

And ill give u my real email.

Hopefully you backed up your contact list before this happened like if i add a new contact, i back it up.

my password is very long and includes all sorts of numbers, letters and stuff and my keyboard can detect keyloggers itself and will stop me typing anyways if a keylogger is detected.

Hope you managed to keep your contacts back he didnt delete them :)
04-30-2006 06:12 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: