What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » vga to s video adapter

vga to s video adapter
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. vga to s video adapter
I have a graphics card that has the normal VGA output and S-video output.  I Need an adapter for my svideo so i can use it on my other moniter so i can duel moniter again.  I cant really find what i am looking for on the web either :-/  Any help?
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
04-30-2006 03:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: vga to s video adapter
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=53&prod...=3166&lsaid=271300
perhaps that?
04-30-2006 03:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Be aware [MR], the 'VGA Box' SSam suggested may have a limit resolution, like my 'XGA Box' has (1024x768).
04-30-2006 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: vga to s video adapter
I wasnt really meaning that, I meant kinda like a DVI/VGA adapter, but i need an s-video/vga one. 

[Image: confused9dx.th.jpg]

This post was edited on 04-30-2006 at 11:37 PM by [MR].
04-30-2006 11:37 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]I wasnt really meaning that, I meant kinda like a DVI/VGA adapter, but i need an s-video/vga one.
Unfortunately, the difference between S-Video and VGA signals is such that there can be no simple plug adapter.  It takes a pretty complex device -- and yes, the resolution and quality will be limited.

You should also be aware that not all graphics cards are dual head (capable of driving two displays as separate).  The idea was pioneered by a company called Matrox and only migrated to the higher end ATI and Nvidia cards 3-4 years ago.  The S-video/TV output on single head cards is only capable of outputting the same image you'd see on the monitor connected to the primary (VGA) connector.

Overall, you would probably be better off buying an inexpensive second graphics card.  Since you will only need 2D capability from it, something like this would be just fine.  It probably has to be a PCI card -- see what slots you have available.
05-01-2006 12:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: vga to s video adapter
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
he S-video/TV output on single head cards is only capable of outputting the same image you'd see on the monitor connected to the primary (VGA) connector.
err, no, When i connect my svideo to the tv with my monitor i can do dual monitors and/or cloning the first monitor.  I would get another gfx card but i havent enough PCI slots, I only have 3, One for GFX card (btw it's Nvidia, geforce 4mx 4000 64 mb) another for wireless card and the last for ethernet.  And I would just use the built in gfx card in the MoBo, but it is having problems.  Everytime i try to enable it now my computer just restarts.  Any help?
05-01-2006 02:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: