What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Remove contacts and groups

Remove contacts and groups
Author: Message:
wolfbuda

O.P. Huh?  Remove contacts and groups
hi!
someone can help me here in one problem?

After install a Messenger Plus in my work machine when I remove a contact or group
it stay removed until I logged in another machine, after that the contacts and groups returns...
Anyone know why?

Thanks
05-10-2006 08:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Remove contacts and groups
The groups is understandable..wether to show those or not is set in the registry. You will need to remove the group on the other computer aswell.

Asfor contacts returning that's something different, your contactlist is stored on MSN servers. Try to delete this contact again and if you see it return again contact Microsoft support at http://feedback.live.com

P.S. Msg Plus! does not infere in any of this...both things are MSN features.

This post was edited on 05-10-2006 at 09:02 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-10-2006 08:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Remove contacts and groups
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
The groups is understandable..wether to show those or not is set in the registry.
The showing (read: rolling out) is indeed stored in the registry and not on the MSN servers, however:

quote:
You will need to remove the group on the other computer aswell.
The groups themselfs (and which contacts go where) are stored on the MSN servers and thus isn't machine dependant either.

In case there was a setting in the registry to show a particular group and that group doesn't exist anymore (since you've deleted it via the other machine) the group should not return either as it was deleted from the MSN servers (aka: the registrty setting for rolling out/not rolling out that group is not read and thus ignored).

quote:
P.S. Msg Plus! does not infere in any of this...both things are MSN features.
aye
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-10-2006 09:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wolfbuda

O.P. RE: Remove contacts and groups
Ok I already contact the Microsoft, when I will have the response I will post here.
05-10-2006 09:27 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wolfbuda
Ok I already contact the Microsoft, when I will have the response I will post here.
Thank you, we appreciate that very much :)

This post was edited on 05-10-2006 at 09:30 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-10-2006 09:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wolfbuda

They only say to reinstall windows live, but I said that I use messenger 7.5 :(

They are stupid or what?
05-10-2006 03:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wolfbuda
They are stupid or what?
no they are not

Did you explicitly say you had 7.5 or did you hinted it? Did you used the Windows Live feedback form? Did they literally say "reinstall" or did they say "try to install"? etc etc...

Support services can only help as good as you explain to them the problem. They are not magical fairies that instantly know what you mean or what is wrong.

---

I'm sorry, but lately people seem to dismiss everything just like that and call support services plain stupid just like that. And tbh, most of the time (as in 99,999999999999999%) it is the people themselfs who misread, don't explain well or jump to conclussions, etc etc...

I'm not saying you did, but it seems that a lot of people do...

Anyways, if you eventually could post the exact stuff you send them and the exact reply of them with the solution (which works) it would be nice... ;)

This post was edited on 05-10-2006 at 04:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-10-2006 04:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wolfbuda

Hi,

I understood hat you are try saying. And in some times you are right.

I will post the 2 emails, but they are Portuguese, do you know speak Portuguese?

Prezado Jesus,

Obrigada por escrever ao Suporte Técnico do Windows Live Messenger. Apreciamos seu interesse em nossos serviços.

Entendemos que está experimentando dificuldades quando elimina um contato, porque é efetivo até quando volta a acessar o Windows Live Messenger. Nosso desejo é ajudar-lhe.

Ao respeito lhe recomendamos levar a cabo uma instalação limpa do Windows Live Messenger, siga estes passos:

1. Remova  o Windows Live Messenger do seu computador.
a. Na área de notificação, faça clique direito no ícono do Windows LiveMessnger e faça clique em "Sair".
b. Faça clique em "Início", logo em "Executar", escreva o seguinte comando e logo faça clique em "Sair": control appwiz.cpl
c. Na lista de programas instalados, selecione Windows Live Messenger e faça clique em "Remover".
d. Se for solicitado que deseja eliminar o programa, faça clique em "Ok".

2. Elimine os arquivos e pastas temporais do seu computador:

a. Faça clique em "Início",em "Executar" e escreva "cleanmgr" e faça clique em "Aceitar".
b. Se for solicitado, faça clique em "C:" na lista "Selecione o dispositivo que deseja limpar" e faça clique em "Aceitar".

Notas:
-Se você dividiu o disco duro, o comando CleanMgr solicitará que selecione uma unidade.
- O libertador de espço no disco mostra quanto espaço pode ser liberado.
-Dito proceso pode levar vários minutos.

c. Na opção Libertador de espaço no disco, tenha certeza que as seguintes opções estejam ativadas:

_Arquivos de programas baixados.
_Arquivos temporários de Internet
_Arquivos temporários.
_Arquivos temporários sem conexão.
_Arquivos sem conexão.

d. Faça claque em "OK" duas vezes.
3. Baixe o Messenger manualmente.

a. Inicie Microsoft Internet Explorer.
b. Visite http://ideas.live.com
c. Inicie sessão na sua conta Beta.
d. No Windows Live Messenger, faça clique no link "Baixar agora".
e. No quadro do diálogo "Advertência de segurança", faça clique em "Guardar" e selecione a pasta na que deseja guardar o arquivo de instalação do Windows Live Messenger.

4. Instale Messenger

a. Encontre o arquivo de instalação do Windows Live Messenger que salvou no passo 3. Utilize a seguinte lista para determinar que pacote de instalação utilizar:
- Windows Live Messenger usa Install_Messenger_beta.exe

b. Faça claque duas vezes no pacote de instalação do Messenger para o seu sistema operativo.
c. Siga os passos para instalar o programa.

Agradecemos sua paciência e oferecemos desculpas pelos inconvenientes.

Tenha em conta que Windows Live Messenger também oferece uma ajuda completa em linha, simplesmente faça clique no menú "Ajuda" e faça clique em "Temas de ajuda" no canto superior direito da janela principal do Windows Live Messenger.

Esperamos ter resolvido o seu problema. Se a nossa resposta não o resolve, ou se o seu inconveniente é outro, por favor, não hesite em nos contatar novamente. A nossa intenção é lhe ajudar.

Atenciosamente,

Carmen Tatiana Salas
Suporte Técnico Windows Live Messenger

--- Original Message ---
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:21:34 AM UTC
To: MSSGR.WNLV.EU.PT.PT.SYK.COS.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM
Subject: Messenger

Serviço:  [Service:]
  Messenger

Tipo de problema:  [What type of problem do you have?]

Nome Completo:  [Full Name:]
  Jesus Campos

Para que endereço de correio electrónico pretende que seja enviada uma resposta?  [What e-mail address would you like a response sent to?]
  xxxx@hotmail.com

Endereço de email/identificação do membro principal associado à conta que você está consultando:  [Primary e-mail address/member ID associated with the account you are inquiring about:]

Para assegurar uma resolução rápida do problema, forneça o maior número possível de detalhes, incluindo a data e hora a que ocorreu o problema, uma descrição do que estava a tentar fazer no momento, os passos detalhados que executou até ao momento da ocorrência do problema e informações detalhadas sobre quaisquer mensagens de erro que tenham sido apresentadas.  [To ensure a quick resolution, provide as many details as possible, including the date and time the problem occurred, a description of what you were trying to do, the detailed steps you took that led up to the problem, and details on any error messages that you received.]
  Viva,

de a uns tempos para cá, sempre que elimino um contacto ou grupo atraves do Messenger 7.5 no meu posto de trabalho *pc no qual passo a maior parte do tempo* este fica eliminado até efectuar login novamente noutra maquina qualquer com outra versão qualquer do msn.

Isto tem alguma explicação lógica ou eu estou a fazer alguma cosia de errado? É que nunca me aconteceu.
Obrigado.

Frequência do problema:  [Frequency of the issue:]
  Sempre presente

Está a tentar estabelecer ligação a partir de onde?  [Where are you trying to connect from?]
  Trabalho

Se tiver um firewall, que tipo tem?  [If you have a firewall, which one?]
  Outros

Tipo de ligação à Internet:  [Type of Internet connection:]
  DSL

Que sistema operativo está a utilizar?Windows XP: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3  [Which operating system are you using?]

Que browser está a utilizar?: Netscape5  [Which browser are you using]

Localização: pt-pt - Português (Portugal)  [Location: pt-pt - Portuguese (Portugal)]

Tipo de Suporte: Suporte por Correio Electrónico
Type of Support: E-mail Support

[edit] Hide email address

This post was edited on 05-10-2006 at 04:38 PM by wolfbuda.
05-10-2006 04:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: